Author Topic: Why Nothing Can Stop the Delta Force  (Read 490 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why Nothing Can Stop the Delta Force
« on: May 18, 2023, 04:53:21 pm »

Why Nothing Can Stop the Delta Force
Story by Sebastien Roblin • 4h ago

Delta Force, a 5 Minute Explained for Your Reading Pleasure: Just how much torture is a person willing to undergo to get a prestigious job? Given that an average of 250 resumes are submitted for every job position in the United States, one would assume quite a lot.

But there’s writing endless resumes—and then there’s running forty miles at night on an uneven forest trail while lugging a fifty-pound rucksack—with more weight added upon achieving each waypoint.

And to even get into the application pool for that particular job, you first have to master the art of willingly jumping out of a perfectly functional airplane.

This refers, of course, to the admission process for the U.S. Army’s top commando unit.

Eric Haney described the experience of one of the long-distance hiking in his book Inside Delta Force:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/why-nothing-can-stop-the-delta-force/ar-AA1bmlZX?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=159873a39ba449d38dd45129e46c5e56&ei=41
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Why Nothing Can Stop the Delta Force
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 11:59:51 pm »
I guess the author of this fluff piece had never heard of "Bad intel,mechanical failures,weather problems",and other situations that are out of the control of mere mortals.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 03:24:25 am »
I guess the author of this fluff piece had never heard of "Bad intel,mechanical failures,weather problems",and other situations that are out of the control of mere mortals.
Pete, you left out democrats, the biggest threat to our troops from infantry to the elite cream has always been democrats. For decades our troops were sent across the globe to battle communism but the biggest threat has always(Well 90 years?) been here at home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 06:47:45 am »
Pete, you left out democrats, the biggest threat to our troops from infantry to the elite cream has always been democrats. For decades our troops were sent across the globe to battle communism but the biggest threat has always(Well 90 years?) been here at home

@GtHawk

It is illegal for our military to conduct combat operations inside America. The National Guard can be activated in Emergencies,but they are not professional soldiers,and more likely to fight the government than fight FOR the government.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 09:31:12 pm »
"Nothing Can Stop the Delta Force..."

... except using the wrong pronouns.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 09:50:51 pm »
@GtHawk

It is illegal for our military to conduct combat operations inside America. The National Guard can be activated in Emergencies,but they are not professional soldiers,and more likely to fight the government than fight FOR the government.
Sorry, but my statement had nothing to do with our military fighting on American soil and everything to do with the greatest communist threat America faces coming on her own shore from the democrat party and not from far off lands.