Author Topic: Putin Has a Problem: The Russian Navy’s Battlecruisers are Dying  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Putin Has a Problem: The Russian Navy’s Battlecruisers are Dying
Story by Brent M. Eastwood • Yesterday 1:17 PM

Russia’s Fourth Kirov-class Battlecruiser Has Seen Better Days - In a development that shows the Russian navy is in a transition period to rid the fleet of older and larger warships, its most giant naval vessel could be retired.

The massive Kirov-class Pyotr Velikiy battlecruiser could be headed to the scrapyard.

The Pyotr Velikiy (Peter the Great), the fourth ship of the Kirov-class, has seen better days.

One would think that Russia would need every ship it can muster to sail the Black Sea and send guided missiles to targets in Ukraine.

Still, the Pyotr Velikiy is difficult and expensive to maintain and will soon be taken out of service, according to the TASS state-run media agency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-has-a-problem-the-russian-navy-s-battlecruisers-are-dying/ar-AA1bjJsK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=159873a39ba449d38dd45129e46c5e56&ei=26
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Putin Has a Problem: The Russian Navy’s Battlecruisers are Dying
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 04:35:43 pm »
Headline in Moscow:  Biden has a problem.  US Navy retiring nuclear aircraft carriers are dying. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 10:00:56 pm »
Is it me, or does it look just a little "top-heavy"...?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 02:21:32 pm »
Is it me, or does it look just a little "top-heavy"...?

It goes down a long way and can only get into very deep water ports. :silly:
Thomas Jefferson