Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Here’s How Border Agents Decide On Which Migrants Get Released Into The US  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Here’s How Border Agents Decide On Which Migrants Get Released Into The US

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
May 16, 2023

Border Patrol agents fill out a checklist to decide which migrants are released into America, according to an internal U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) memo and the checklist exclusively obtained by the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The checklist, which was attached to a December 2022 email for “Safe Community Release,” states that in order to make community releases Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) must lack space, Border Patrol facilities must exceed capacity in order to allow for the release of migrants and the number of migrant encounters surpasses ICE and NGO capacity on a daily basis. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Biden Admin Asks Agriculture, Interior Departments For Help Stemming Tide Of Migrants Crossing Border)

Border Patrol is required to meet all of the aforementioned criteria before making such releases.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/05/16/exclusive-heres-how-border-agents-decide-on-which-migrants-get-released-into-the-us/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson