Author Topic: Joe Biden Follows Goldman Sachs Playbook to Gut U.S. Workers  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Joe Biden Follows Goldman Sachs Playbook to Gut U.S. Workers
May 10, 2023

Wages for U.S.-born workers rose more quickly during the 2016-2019 period of lower immigration than in times of higher immigration, according to a new study.

Labor force participation rates — the share of working-age adults employed or looking for work — also increased. Overall, U.S. workers without college diplomas scored the biggest gains.

“Good economic conditions during the period of lower immigration from 2016 to 2019 contradict the often-made argument that the U.S. economy must have very high levels of immigration to prosper,” the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) report stated. “Net immigration fell significantly during this period, even as the economy expanded and the earnings of workers rose — all without sparking high inflation.”

The picture hasn’t been so rosy since Joe Biden entered the White House and opened the immigration floodgates. A New York Federal Reserve survey earlier this year showed that pay for U.S. workers holding bachelor’s degrees fell 7.4 percent in 2022. The report said that was “the steepest plunge since 2004, erasing nearly all of the pandemic-era gains.”

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/05/10/joe-biden-follows-goldman-sachs-playbook-gut-us-workers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Joe Biden Follows Goldman Sachs Playbook to Gut U.S. Workers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 02:54:35 pm »
It is the policy of the US Government to screw the nation's workers - Globalist "Free" Trade, Fed Monetary Policy, IRS Tax Code, Global Climate Change nonsense, etc.

The Federal Reserve is the most blatant offender.  Since Jimmy Carter's Stagflation, they have been obsessed with wage inflation - not executive compensation inflation, not cost of Government inflation, not cost of living inflation, not cost of education inflation, not cost of health care inflation - just wage inflation.  In that time, the costs of Government, Education, Healthcare, and Executive Compensation have increased much faster than wages.

That's a contributing factor to Donald Trump's 2016 victory - American workers have been betrayed by their own Government.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright