Author Topic: Another Biden Nominee Can't Answer a Simple Constitutional Question  (Read 315 times)

Online Kamaji

Another Biden Nominee Can't Answer a Simple Constitutional Question

Sarah Arnold
May 17, 2023

A Biden judicial nominee is left embarrassing the Democratic Party after struggling to answer a simple constitutional question.

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La) put the spotlight on just how little the Biden Administration knows what they're doing during a confirmation hearing on Wednesday.

Judge Ana de Alba, who currently serves on a California federal district court and is nominated to serve on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, stumbled over her words after Kennedy asked her to define the Dormant Clause and Commerce Clause under Article 1 of the Constitution.

“I’m somewhat familiar with the Commerce Clause, which is found in Article 1 of the Constitution," de Alba said.

"There was a big Supreme Court case that just came out of your state," Kennedy interjected. “This has been in the news a lot lately.”

"And I apologize, Senator. You know, in my 11 years of practice and five years on the bench, I have not dealt with the Dormant Commerce Clause. But if I am so fortunate enough to be confirmed and have to deal with it in the future, I would certainly …” de Alba began before Kennedy interrupted again.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2023/05/17/biden-nominee-cant-answer-basic-constitutional-question-n2623399

Online Kamaji

Good lord!  If you graduated law school, you were almost certainly exposed to the Court's Dormant Commerce Clause jurisprudence, and even if you don't know all the details, you would know that the gist of the doctrine is that, because the Founders were concerned about the states engaging in interstate economic warfare, they gave Congress comprehensive legislative control over interstate commerce, and impliedly prohibited the states from engaging in protectionism or other activities that harmed interstate commerce.

If you can't say at least that much, then you shouldn't be sitting on a federal court as a judge, period.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Another Biden Nominee Can't Answer a Simple Constitutional Question
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 10:41:45 pm »
Every single one of Biden's judicial nominees seems to be a dumb as a sack of hair.
Carrie Severino
@JCNSeverino
Senator @HawleyMO: "Do you think it's wrong to discriminate on the basis of religious faith?"

Biden’s district judge nominee for D.C Loren AliKhan: "Absolutely."

Senator Hawley: "Then why did you argue that religious services and religious people pose a greater risk of infection than people gathered to argue for defunding the police?"

https://twitter.com/JCNSeverino/status/1666498126054580244
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 12:28:38 pm »
Liberals educated our children in public schools to be as dumb as possible, now they want our politicians to be as dumb as possible, WIN/WIN?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 12:30:17 pm »
Every single one of Biden's judicial nominees seems to be a dumb as a sack of hair.

https://twitter.com/JCNSeverino/status/1666498126054580244

:facepalm2:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 12:44:29 pm »
She has those wild, googly AOC-like eyes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 12:45:50 pm »
She has those wild, googly AOC-like eyes.

:silly: