Author Topic: HI: Top State Judge Handling Climate Lawsuit Worked With Environmental Group Tied To Plaintiffs’ Law  (Read 466 times)

Offline mountaineer

Top State Judge Handling Climate Lawsuit Worked With Environmental Group Tied To Plaintiffs’ Lawyers
Katelynn Richardson
Daily Caller
May 17, 2023 7:13 PM
The Chief Justice of Hawaii’s Supreme Court, who is hearing Honolulu’s lawsuit against oil and gas companies for climate damages, has worked with a D.C-based environmental group that has close ties to the plaintiff’s attorneys.

Honolulu’s lawsuit against Sunoco, Shell, Chevron and other companies is one of many lawsuits cities have filed against energy companies in an effort to extract alleged damages for the firms’ contributions to climate change; the Supreme Court declined to hear these lawsuits in April, pushing them back to state courts—meaning Honolulu’s case is now squarely before Hawaii Supreme Court Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald. However, on May 9, Recktenwald disclosed that he engages in “educational presentations relating to environmental, energy, and natural resource issues” and has worked with the Environmental Law Institute (ELI), a group which routinely collaborates with environmental activists.

ELI co-founded the Climate Judiciary Project, which developed a climate science and law curriculum for judges handling environment litigation, and has worked closely with individuals who have consulted for or been employed by the environmental activist legal firm representing Honolulu in its lawsuit, Sher Edling LLP. ...
Comfortably Smug
@ComfortablySmug
First the left started buying up DAs
Now they're sending JUDGES to reeducation camps on climate change
9:01 AM · May 18, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

The judge should recuse.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Without fossil fuels, how will all those tourists, and their money, get to Hawaii?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Without fossil fuels, how will all those tourists, and their money, get to Hawaii?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :pondering: Just hit me, how many illegals are being transported to the Hawaiian Islands?