Author Topic: "Inflection Point In The Conversation On Atomic Power" Begins  (Read 137 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
"Inflection Point In The Conversation On Atomic Power" Begins

BY TYLER DURDEN
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 2023 - 05:45 AM

"The world should increase use of nuclear power!" Elon Musk tweeted last week while commenting on a Times Magazine article featuring J. Robert Oppenheimer's grandson, who stated transitioning to a net zero-carbon economy would involve nuclear power.

We presented a bull nuclear thesis to readers back in December 2020, recommending uranium on the belief that nuclear energy would eventually be incorporated into the ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) framework, as highlighted in our article "Is This The Beginning Of The Next ESG Craze," is proving to be accurate.

"It's also important to underscore that nuclear energy became unpopular in part due to its association with nuclear weapons and fears about its safety. But the actual safety record shows it is one of the safest sources of energy, and it is becoming more popular to be an environmentalist and pro-nuclear," Charles Oppenheimer wrote.

Meanwhile, seven years and $16 billion over budget, Southern Co.'s Vogtle nuclear power plant project in Georgia is coming online and will unleash a new nuclear generation of carbon-free electricity.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/inflection-point-conversation-atomic-power-begins
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: "Inflection Point In The Conversation On Atomic Power" Begins
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 12:45:14 pm »
:thumbsup: