Author Topic: State Regulator Blames Biden’s ‘Green New Deal’ For Huge Hike In Electric Bills  (Read 147 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JASON COHEN ON MAY 17, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

State Regulator Blames Biden’s ‘Green New Deal’ For Huge Hike In Electric Bills

Electric utility company Georgia Power customers’ electric bills will substantially increase beginning in June, due in part to the Green New Deal policies promoted by President Joe Biden’s administration, according to Public Service Commissioner Lauren “Bubba” McDonald.

The Public Service Commission (PSC) unanimously voted to approve the company’s $6.6 billion fuel cost recovery plan on Tuesday, which allows it to recoup $2.1 billion in costs that were underestimated for coal and natural gas expenses, according to Georgia Recorder. [emphasis, links added]

“It’s the Green New Deal energy policy at the federal administration that is why we’re faced with these issues with the cost of gasoline, the cost of transportation of coal, and every other product we have,” McDonald said in a PSC administrative session on Tuesday.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/state-regulator-blames-bidens-green-new-deal-for-huge-hike-in-electric-bills/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji