Author Topic: Bloomberg News: ‘South Africa Beats Climate Goal as Blackouts Slash Emissions’ – ‘Unintentional…powe  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bloomberg News: ‘South Africa Beats Climate Goal as Blackouts Slash Emissions’ – ‘Unintentional…power plant breakdowns are reducing industrial activity’
19 hours ago Guest Blogger 44 Comments

From Climate Depot

Bloomberg: South Africa is ahead of its target for cutting emissions of greenhouse gases. … Regular breakdowns of the coal-fired power plants that supply more than 80% of South Africa’s electricity mean that less carbon dioxide is being pumped into the atmosphere and daily rotational cuts of more than 10 hours a day are further limiting emissions from factories.

“It’s unintentional,” Crispian Olver, the executive director of South Africa’s Presidential Climate Commission, said in an interview in Johannesburg on Monday. “We reckon we are well within the range” of meeting the 2030 target, he said. …“It’s very difficult to recommend the decommissioning of power stations in the middle of an energy crisis.”

#

Flashback 2011: We’re All North Koreans Now: ‘Era of Constant Electricity at Home is Ending, says UK power chief’ — ‘Families would have to get used to only using power when it was available’

Swiss president warns nation to prepare for electricity shortages lasting weeks or months

Major British Newspaper Promotes Bringing ‘Back Rationing’ to ‘Fix Global Warming’ – ‘Create a scarcity of fossil fuels’

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/17/bloomberg-news-south-africa-beats-climate-goal-as-blackouts-slash-emissions-unintentionalpower-plant-breakdowns-are-reducing-industrial-activity/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Which basically just goes to show what must happen everywhere if the eco-fascists are to get their way.