Author Topic: Baby struck by shrapnel during an attempted robbery in Oakland, police say  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Baby struck by shrapnel during an attempted robbery in Oakland, police say
Photo of Amy Graff
Amy Graff
SFGATE
May 17, 2023

A baby was struck by shrapnel during an attempted robbery in broad daylight Tuesday in Oakland's Trestle Glen neighborhood as the city sees an uptick in armed theft and carjackings, officials said.

The Oakland Police Department said it responded to the scene shortly before 11 a.m. on the 800 block of Trestle Glen Road and learned two thieves had approached an individual who was with the 15-month-old child and demanded her belongings. KTVU reported that the person who was robbed was a nanny and she was pushing the child in a stroller.

One of the thieves was armed and fired a gun, “causing shrapnel injuries to the child,” police said in a statement.

The child was rushed to a local hospital in an ambulance and was in stable condition as of Wednesday morning, according to police.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/baby-hit-by-shrapnel-during-oakland-robbery-18104272.php
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson