Author Topic: UKRAINE WAR HOLDS KEY LESSONS FOR US IN INDO-PACIFIC  (Read 88 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UKRAINE WAR HOLDS KEY LESSONS FOR US IN INDO-PACIFIC
« on: May 17, 2023, 05:08:11 pm »
UKRAINE WAR HOLDS KEY LESSONS FOR US IN INDO-PACIFIC
Ukraine panel at LANPAC
Photo by: AUSA/Jared Lieberher
Wed, 05/17/2023 - 10:50

The war in Ukraine has many lessons for the U.S. Army and its partners and allies, experts said May 16 during a panel discussion at the Association of the U.S. Army’s 2023 LANPAC Symposium and Exposition in Honolulu. They also cautioned that it is possible to learn the wrong lessons.

Modern war still calls for the ability to hold ground. It also requires the ability to use data so decisions can be made quickly to achieve battlefield advantage. Also critical is the need for fast resupply to avoid a war of attrition, said Command Sgt. Maj. T.J. Holland, senior enlisted adviser for the XVIII Airborne Corps, a panelist with experience training Ukrainians, who spoke at the event in place of Lt. Gen. Christopher Donahue, the corps commanding general.

“At the moment, technology provides an advantage,” said Maj. Gen. Chris Barry, director of the British Army’s Land Warfare Centre. It is not clear if it will continue to be an advantage over time.

https://www.ausa.org/news/ukraine-war-holds-key-lessons-us-indo-pacific
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson