Author Topic: 2024 is Evolving into a Trump vs. Not-Trump Election By Steve McCann  (Read 263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 17, 2023
2024 is Evolving into a Trump vs. Not-Trump Election
By Steve McCann

Never in the two and a half centuries of American history has one person concurrently dominated and overshadowed both major political parties as does Donald J. Trump.

Trump’s dominance in the Republican Party is an outgrowth of his imperturbable and flamboyant personality, his unprecedented 2016 campaign and his overwhelmingly successful presidency which was derailed in its final months by the Covid-19 pandemic.   

His stature in the party is such that virtually every Republican candidate for federal office seeks his approbation and endorsement.  Despite losing in 2020, his hold on a sizable segment of the Republican base is unparalleled in the annals of the Republican party.  Not since Franklin Roosevelt has someone so dominated a major American political party.  As it stands today, per all the national polls, Trump can easily win the Republican nomination for president.

Among 30% of Republican primary voters Trump has achieved cult-like status, as these voters claim they would vote for him if he ran as an independent even if that meant Joe Biden would be re-elected and the Democrats would regain control of both Houses of Congress.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/05/2024_is_evolving_into_a_trump_vs_nottrump_election.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Among 30% of Republican primary voters Trump has achieved cult-like status, as these voters claim they would vote for him if he ran as an independent even if that meant Joe Biden would be re-elected and the Democrats would regain control of both Houses of Congress.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/05/2024_is_evolving_into_a_trump_vs_nottrump_election.html

Idiots. Complete goobers and idiots.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Idiots. Complete goobers and idiots.
And yet I recall the argument that anyone not voting for Trump when he was the nominee was voting for Hillary, these are some of the same people saying they would not vote for the nominee if it wasn't Trump **nononono*

Offline LMAO

And yet I recall the argument that anyone not voting for Trump when he was the nominee was voting for Hillary, these are some of the same people saying they would not vote for the nominee if it wasn't Trump **nononono*

If somebody doesn’t want to vote for Trump or Ron DeSantis, for whatever reason, that’s their business. But then they shouldn’t lecture others
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:34:13 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
"...and his overwhelmingly successful presidency.

An "overwhelmingly successful presidency" could never have been undone as quickly as Trumps was.

Plus, Trump's presidency gave us Joe Biden and a Democratic Congress.  That is just as much a part of his legacy as anything he actually did while in office..
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:36:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »