Author Topic: Report: American Taxpayers Foot Bill for Illegal Aliens on Martha’s Vineyard  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report: American Taxpayers Foot Bill for Illegal Aliens on Martha’s Vineyard

Jordan Vonderhaar/Getty ImagesJordan Vonderhaar/Getty Images
JOHN BINDER16 May 2023177

American taxpayers are reportedly footing the bill for illegal aliens who briefly stayed on Martha’s Vineyard, the elite resort island off the coast of Massachusetts, after being flown there by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) last year.

In September 2022, DeSantis received national attention when he sent two flights of illegal aliens to the ultra-liberal elite island of Martha’s Vineyard. Quickly after their arrival, officials on the island declared a “humanitarian crisis” and Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) intervened to bus the illegal aliens off the island to Joint Base Cape Cod.

Days later, many of the illegal aliens filed a class action lawsuit against DeSantis claiming he violated their Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment rights by enticing them to board flights to Martha’s Vineyard.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/16/report-american-taxpayers-foot-bill-for-illegal-aliens-on-marthas-vineyard/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

The non-governmental organization (NGO) that aided the illegal aliens during their brief stint on Martha’s Vineyard is getting reimbursed by the federal government’s Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) — originally intended to help homeless Americans.