Author Topic: White House: We’re Not Negotiating over the Debt Limit and Have ‘to Get Default Taken off the Table’  (Read 200 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: We’re Not Negotiating over the Debt Limit and Have ‘to Get Default Taken off the Table’

Ian Hanchett 16 May 2023

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Alex Wagner Tonight,” White House Communications Director Ben LaBolt stated that President Joe Biden is still not negotiating over the debt limit and “What the President has been open to throughout this process is a budget negotiation, is an appropriations negotiation through the typical process.”

Host Alex Wagner asked, “Let me just get right to I think the question that a lot of folks are wondering, is the White House now negotiating over the debt limit?”

LaBolt answered, “No. Look, Alex, default is not an option. It would tip the country into a recession and cost us millions of jobs. The President simply won’t allow that to happen. What the President has been open to throughout this process is a budget negotiation, is an appropriations negotiation through the typical process. And so, he’s deployed his team to Capitol Hill to negotiate and find a reasonable bipartisan agreement that both parties and both chambers can support. That’s the way out of this crisis. We’re not going to give up the economic gains of the past two years, 12.7 million jobs created. 800,000 manufacturing jobs, a clean energy industry getting off the ground in this country. The President and his negotiators are going to protect those gains throughout this process.”

He added, “[W]hat we’re looking for, at this stage, we’ve got to get default taken off the table, and then, look, the President recognizes it’s a Republican House, there’s going to have to be some compromise to get to a budget agreement.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/05/16/white-house-were-not-negotiating-over-the-debt-limit-and-have-to-get-default-taken-off-the-table/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There is a part of me that wants to see a default.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So no negotiating but want default off the table? So just more of the same from Biden's puppet masters? Yeah let's just default, I bet the average American wouldn't even notice without the media screaming OMG! the republicans refused to negotiate and now America is defaulting on it's responsibilities!

Offline Kamaji

So no negotiating but want default off the table? So just more of the same from Biden's puppet masters? Yeah let's just default, I bet the average American wouldn't even notice without the media screaming OMG! the republicans refused to negotiate and now America is defaulting on it's responsibilities!

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

There is a part of me that wants to see a default.

Every fiber of my being wants to see the debt ceiling frozen, forcing government to live within its means.  As far as 'default' goes, that is entirely up to Biden.  It will be 100% his choice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-