Author Topic: 2 US consulate staffers, 2 policemen in Nigeria shot, killed in attack on convoy  (Read 403 times)

Offline Kamaji

2 US consulate staffers, 2 policemen in Nigeria shot, killed in attack on convoy

By Louis Casiano, Fox News
May 16, 2023

Two staff members of the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria were shot and killed along with two police operatives traveling in a convoy, and three others were kidnapped, police in the volatile West Africa nation said Tuesday.

The group was on a humanitarian mission when they were attacked in the Ogbaru Local Government Area of the country’s Anambra State, one of the epicenters of separatist violence in the region, said Tochukwu Ikenga, a police spokesman in Anambra.

Ikenga said no U.S. citizen was on the trip.

“We confirm there was an incident May 16 in Anambra state. Mission Nigeria personnel are working with Nigerian security services to investigate,” a U.S. State Department spokesperson said.

“The security of our personnel is always paramount, and we take extensive precautions when organizing trips to the field.  We have no further comment at this time.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/16/2-us-consulate-staffers-2-policemen-in-nigeria-shot-killed-in-attack-on-convoy/

Offline mountaineer

נעמי ליטבין
@NaomiLitvin
Check who your report is from. It was NOT separatists, it was Nigerian military

:shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

נעמי ליטבין
@NaomiLitvin
Check who your report is from. It was NOT separatists, it was Nigerian military

:shrug:

And what is Ms. Litvin's source?

Offline mountaineer

And what is Ms. Litvin's source?
Don't know. But when I see "separatists," I wonder if they aren't talking about Islamic terrorists - who most recently slaughtered Christian villagers:
There is a media blackout on the identities of both the perpetrators and the victims in Nigeria, but my contact inside that country has informed me that these killers were Fulani jihadists, and that their victims were Christians. As a scenario in which Muslims are anything but victims and Christians are anything but white oppressors is unacceptable to the establishment media worldwide, the blackout extends far beyond Nigeria itself....
   Suspected terrorists have attacked and reportedly killed many residents, including women and children at Kubat village in the Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State during an assault on Monday night.

The terrorists invaded the community when the villagers were asleep….

SaharaReporters had recently reported that scores of residents were killed by gunmen who invaded at least four communities in Mangu and Bokkos Local Government Areas of Plateau State.

The suspected bandits stormed the communities two Sundays ago, unleashing a wave of violence.

Although the exact number of casualties has yet to be determined, several residents were believed to have died in the attack.

The Plateau State Governor seems to be helpless over the situation as his directive to the security forces has not only been ignored but failed to stop the killings. ...
More at Jihad Watch
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Here is a website that tracks Moslem extremist bad acts.

The Religion Of Peace

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Here is a website that tracks Moslem extremist bad acts.

The Religion Of Peace

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Does it have a sub category 'United States Congress'?