Author Topic: The IPCC’s Political Conundrum: Scientific Analysis Or Eco-Advocacy?  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON MAY 16, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The IPCC’s Political Conundrum: Scientific Analysis Or Eco-Advocacy?

system change not climate change protestThe Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was established as a scientific assessment process more than 35 years ago.

Scientific assessments are of critical importance in many areas to help policymakers and the public identify what is known, what is uncertain, as well as where there is contestation, uncertainties, and areas of fundamental ignorance. [emphasis, links added]

Such assessments can also help us to understand policy options and expectations for how different choices might lead to different outcomes.

Regular readers of The Honest Broker will know that I have taken issue with the recent IPCC Sixth Assessment (AR6) based on an unacceptable number of errors and omissions in my areas of expertise, as well as its overreliance on the most extreme climate scenarios.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-ipccs-political-conundrum-scientific-analysis-or-eco-advocacy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Or just politics. Human shielding and smokescreening toward their true ambitions of global dictatorship over a vastly smaller population without the useless eaters.
The Republic is lost.