Author Topic: Why No F-35 for Taiwan?  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why No F-35 for Taiwan?
« on: May 17, 2023, 09:50:47 am »
Why No F-35 for Taiwan?
Story by Kris Osborn • Yesterday 7:19 PM

The F-35 is spreading like wildfire throughout the free world to include NATO allies in Europe to include Poland, Germany, Finland, and Switzerland as well as critical areas of the Pacific such as Japan, but why hasn’t the Pentagon, Biden administration, or Congress approved the sale of the F-35 to Taiwan?

It would certainly make sense for Taiwan to operate F-35s along with Singapore, Japan, Australia, and South Korea, given that 5th-generation air superiority is arguably the largest advantage the U.S. and its allies would have over China.

Beijing has a large and threatening high-tech Navy, a massive stockpile of ballistic missiles, and large numbers of ground forces, yet the PRC seems to lack the ability to mass 5th-gen air power in a way that would challenge the U.S. and its allies.

Of course, China has the J-20, yet it must launch from land and, while the PRC Navy (PLAN) is developing the carrier-launched J-31 stealth fighter jet it is not clear how far along the project is or if they can exist in impactful numbers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/why-no-f-35-for-taiwan/ar-AA1bhqls?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fffccea1290c4af3aa304a3840d2fc41&ei=51
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson