Author Topic: Lee Zeldin launches group to aid NY’s needy  (Read 192 times)

Offline Kamaji

Lee Zeldin launches group to aid NY’s needy
« on: May 16, 2023, 12:22:06 pm »
Lee Zeldin launches group to aid NY’s needy

By Carl Campanile
May 14, 2023

Former Long Island Rep. and Republican gubernatorial nominee Lee Zeldin is launching a charitable group to help New York’s needy.

“Zeldin Cares” will raise funds and tap a volunteer base to address homelessness and food insecurity, help bolster veterans’ services, provide youth mentoring, spruce up blighted buildings, parks, and streets and spur economic development in impoverished neighborhoods, he told The Post.

Zeldin said he got the idea while stumping in disadvantaged communities that told him they felt taken for granted by politicians from both political parties.

“I am steadfast in my commitment to deliver the leadership we need to move New York forward in the communities which could use help the most,” Zeldin said in a statement. “Whether it be helping young entrepreneurs in an inner-city community, cleaning up a public space, or providing volunteers to a partner organization, I am going to continue to do my part to create a better future for New York.”

Zeldin, during an interview with The Post, added, “We don’t have to be in a position of power to make a difference.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/14/lee-zeldin-launches-group-to-aid-nys-needy/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Lee Zeldin launches group to aid NY’s needy
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 12:22:17 pm »
As long as it doesn't go to the illegal aliens.