Author Topic: Wind farms lead to ‘significant’ decrease in soil moisture, study finds  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Later Post • News Watch Home • Earlier Post »

filed:  May 15, 2023 • China, Ireland
Wind farms lead to ‘significant’ decrease in soil moisture, study finds 
Credit:  May 11, 2023 | Gript News | gript.ie ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

A new study has found that wind farms can have a “significant” impact on soil moisture, and aggravate the soil drying in grassland areas, with impacts on ecosystems.

The research, published in peer-reviewed journal, Science of the Total Environment, found that “wind farms significantly reduced soil moisture within the wind farms and in the upwind and downwind directions.”

The study focused on wind farms located in the grasslands of China, and researchers “analyzed changes in soil moisture in different wind directions and seasons and then judged the impacts of wind turbine operation on soil moisture”.

They called for a better understanding of the impacts of the huge turbines on the environment when building wind farms, saying that “wind energy is renewable and clean; however, the long-term operation of wind turbines can affect local climates.”

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2023/05/15/wind-farms-lead-to-significant-decrease-in-soil-moisture-study-finds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Since a lot of these boondoggles are built in or near actual farmland, that could have a serious negative impact on farming for food.