Author Topic: EPA’s CCS requirement is illegal; The agency blocked its Science Advisory Board from saying so 10 ye  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EPA’s CCS requirement is illegal; The agency blocked its Science Advisory Board from saying so 10 years ago

EPA proposed today that utilities stop burning coal and natural gas by 2040 unless power plants can be outfitted with carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology. The agency tried mandating CCS 10 years ago, but its Science Advisory Board got in the way. So EPA killed SAB review of CCS.

After EPA’s September 2013 proposal to mandate CCS for new coal plants, a working group of the EPA’s SAB recommended the full SAB review the practicality of CCS:

https://junkscience.com/2023/05/epas-ccs-requirement-is-illegal-the-agency-blocked-its-science-advisory-board-from-saying-so-10-years-ago/#more-108353
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
IF this is to stick, the issue is going to have to go before the U.S. Supreme Court...