Author Topic: BBC: ‘What would a flying-free world look like?’ ‘Fresh fruits & veggies…would disappear from superm  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BBC: ‘What would a flying-free world look like?’ ‘Fresh fruits & veggies…would disappear from supermarkets in winter’ – ‘Huge adjustments’ in ‘supply chains’ – ‘It’s about when — not if’

By: Admin - Climate DepotMay 15, 2023 12:43 PM

BBC Future: “Posing this hypothetical question opens up the door to what we could be doing far more of to reduce aviation’s heavy impact on the climate. … How would this new world without airplanes affect people around the globe?

Holidays would mostly need to be done in places accessible by train, bus, car and ferry, nudging people towards staying in their own or nearby countries.

Corporate climate targets would see an instant boost as business travel ground to a halt – 90% of business travel emissions currently come from aviation.

Supply chains and timelines would need huge adjustments. Businesses and consumers are becoming increasingly used to having globally sourced goods delivered within days: a world with no flying would lengthen this time considerably.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/05/15/bbc-what-would-a-flying-free-world-look-like-fresh-fruits-veggies-would-disappear-from-supermarkets-in-winter-huge-adjustments-in-supply-chains-its-about-when-not-if/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
  ‘It’s about when — not if’

For left wing eco-lunatics, cutting of their noses to spite their faces is a small price to pay. ghoul9
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson