Author Topic: Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA  (Read 24454 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA
« on: May 15, 2023, 08:31:59 pm »
We fight not for glory, nor for riches, nor for honour, but only and alone for Freedom, which no good man lays down but with his life. --Declaration of Arbroath, Scotland, 1320
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline berdie

Re: Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 08:50:40 pm »
That's beautiful.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 03:49:42 am »
"If you were to take . . . all the authoritative articles ever written .. . on the subject of mental hygiene, if you were to combine them and refine them and cleve out the excess verbiage, if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount."-  The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 11:06:50 pm »
"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 03:26:51 pm »
What the Democrats are doing is an abomination to the Constitution. – Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz, who states he is a “liberal Democrat”, November 20, 2019 on live television news

"Light at the end of the tunnel? We don't even have a tunnel - we don't even know where the tunnel is." — Lyndon B. Johnson

The good news is that the federal government is not mismanaged, as I had expected it to be.  The bad news is that it's not managed at all.  -- Roger Johnson, Former Head of the General Services Administration, and Clinton Appointee

You know, the people believe we could screw up a one car parade - and they're probably right.  -  Bill Clinton to Roger Johnson in 1993

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 03:03:21 am »

Monday May 22

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance." - Orville Wright
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 03:04:11 am by ChemEngrMBA »

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 01:19:54 am »
May 23

Several quotes combine to accentuate a single thought.

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor." --George Washington

"Morality is the necessary spring of popular government.... Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without Christianity." - - George Washington

“It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!” - Patrick Henry

"No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people.... This is a Christian nation." --U.S. Supreme Court (1892)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 07:48:11 pm »
May 24

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 01:26:26 pm »
Friday, May 26

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 01:42:20 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2023, 01:43:04 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2023, 02:57:03 pm »
 :bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2023, 12:08:03 pm »
“In 1950, we spent (in 1989 dollars) $1,333 per student. In 1989 we spent $4931. As John Silber, the President of Boston University, has written, ‘It is troubling that this nearly fourfold increase in real spending has brought no improvement. It is scandalous that it has not prevented substantial decline.’ ”  – William J. Bennett, former Secretary of Education, in The De-Valuing of America

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2023, 01:13:17 pm »
“America is like a healthy body, and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life.  If we can undermine these three areas,  America will collapse from within.” – Joseph Stalin

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 01:41:25 pm »

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it" - Max Planck (winner of the 1918 Nobel Prize in physics for quantum theory )

[Evolution, Climate Change Cult]

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2023, 01:00:57 pm »
"The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities impressed with it." --James Madison

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2023, 01:25:53 pm »
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."  - George Orwell

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2023, 02:04:09 pm »
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."  - George Orwell

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2023, 01:24:41 pm »
Let him who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one. - Jesus Christ

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2023, 01:41:27 pm »
"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." - Benjamin Franklin

Substitute "Democrats" for "masters."  Perfect today.  Perfect, as corruption and viciousness in the streets run rampant, thanks to Democrat "masters" such as Biden, Obama, Soros, Facebook, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times.........

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2023, 01:18:48 pm »
The universe is not "pointless" (Steven Weinberg), Earth merely "a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark," (Carl Sagan) and human existence "just a more-or-less farcical outcome of a chain of accidents" (Steven Weinberg). On the contrary, the evidence we can uncover from our Earthly home points to a universe that is designed for life, and designed for discovery. – Synopsis of The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery, by Guillermo Gonzalez and Jay Richards
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 01:27:55 pm by ChemEngrMBA »

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2023, 03:28:20 pm »
No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back. - Turkish Proverb

[Democrats never turn back.]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 08:05:30 pm by ChemEngrMBA »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2023, 04:27:24 pm »
No matter how far you have gone on a wrong road, turn back. - Turkish Proverb

[Democrats never turn back.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2023, 01:38:16 pm »

"There are no detailed Darwinian accounts for the evolution of any fundamental biochemical or cellular system, only a variety of wishful speculations." - James Shapiro, biochemist, University of Chicago

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2023, 01:11:39 pm »
whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. -Philippians 4:8

This is the day the Lord hath made;  we will rejoice and be glad in it.