Author Topic: White House Begins to Cave to House Republicans on Debt Ceiling  (Read 103 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Begins to Cave to House Republicans on Debt Ceiling

Sean Moran 15 May 2023

President Joe Biden caved to Republicans and signaled that he could accept some reforms in a potential debt ceiling deal after months of refusing to negotiate any spending cuts or reforms.

White House and congressional staffers have wrangled over the details of a potential debt ceiling deal.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, who previously warned that the deadline was June 1 to pressure Congress, said she was hopeful about a deal.

“I think the negotiations are very active. I’m told they have found some areas of agreement,” Yellen said.

Treasury Deputy Secretary Wally Adeyemo described the talks as “negotiations” after Biden refused to negotiate with Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) on a debt ceiling deal.

Biden said that he would meet with House and Senate leaders on Tuesday as the debt ceiling deadline looms ever closer.

On Sunday, Biden said he might accept work requirements for welfare programs other than Medicaid.

“I voted for tougher aid programs that’s in the law now, but for Medicaid it’s a different story. And so I’m waiting to hear what their exact proposal is,” Biden said. Biden supported the 1996 welfare reform bill that then-President Bill Clinton signed into law.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/05/15/white-house-begins-to-cave-to-house-republicans-on-debt-ceiling/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34