Author Topic: SAVE THE WHALES – Except When they Get in the Way of Green Energy  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SAVE THE WHALES – Except When they Get in the Way of Green Energy
18 hours ago Eric Worrall 21 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

If you thought advocating bird killing wind turbines and solar thermal was the limit of green hypocrisy, think again.

We thought we’d saved the whales. Were we wrong?

Antarctica is a space of solace and sustenance for southern-hemisphere whales, but for how much longer?

What does a whale know?

It is minus 5 degrees – a balmy summer’s afternoon in Antarctica. The sky is white and the sea is glossy black. We have been sitting in this black rubber Zodiac for almost three hours, and I’ve begun to be wimpily conscious of the frostbite on my left foot, red and itching beneath my rubber boot and three layers of sock.

The problem today is that human markets are also consuming Antarctic krill. We use it for three non-essential purposes: as an additive in commercial salmon feed; in pet food; and as an omega-3 supplement for humans. A dozen industrial-sized factory ships are currently hunting krill in the Antarctic: the biggest players in the industry are Norway and China. China is rumoured to have another eight krill super-trawlers planned, and there is pressure to increase the catch.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/05/14/save-the-whales-except-when-they-get-in-the-way-of-offshore-wind-surveys/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson