Author Topic: Electricity Policy: An Exchange with Lynne Kiesling (more evasion, statism from a “classical liberal  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electricity Policy: An Exchange with Lynne Kiesling (more evasion, statism from a “classical liberal”)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- May 11, 2023

“… the economist is looking for the why-behind-the-why. And that is where negative pricing for wind and low margins in general from the regulatory setup ruined the economics of the [natural gas] industry, resulting in premature retirements, a lack of new capacity, and cost avoidance. Are you saying that there was a ‘market failure’ with natural gas in [the Texas blackout of February 2021]?” (Bradley to Kiesling, below)

She engages and then disappears. She is the “classical liberal” who refuses to question the climate alarm and favors the government-forced energy transformation to wind, solar, and batteries–and demand control from the political center. And she is all-in with the centrally planned wholesale power markets, better known as Independent System Operators and Regional Transmission Organizations (ISOs and RTOs).

She trumpeted the Texas ISO as the national model until it imploded in February 2021–and now blames natural gas, not wind and solar or central government planning. With the wounded Texas grid, she is gung-ho about devising demand-side rationing models that will use smart meters to control your usage via a government planning entity. (It will start voluntarily, of course.)

https://www.masterresource.org/texas-blackout-2021/electricity-policy-exchange-kiesling/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson