Author Topic: Induced Energy Crisis? Biden Admin Has New Pollution Limits for Power Plants  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

NEWS & POLITICS
Induced Energy Crisis? Biden Admin Has New Pollution Limits for Power Plants
BY CATHERINE SALGADO 12:35 PM ON MAY 12, 2023

Induced Energy Crisis? Biden Admin Has New Pollution Limits for Power Plants
(AP Photo/John Raby)
The Biden administration’s “solution” to every crisis is to make it even worse. As Americans face electricity shortages and high gas prices, Biden’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has announced new pollution limits for coal and natural gas plants that will lead to at least some plant closures. All to fight the fake climate emergency. The EPA is full of hot air and needs to cool down.

Gas and coal provide about 60% of electricity in America, and it’s literally impossible to replace all that with “renewable” energy. But EPA Administrator Michael Regan admitted the new limits will lead to some plant closures, the AP reported.

A rule announced by the Environmental Protection Agency could force power plants to capture smokestack emissions using a technology that has long been promised but is not used widely in the United States…Almost all coal plants — along with large, frequently used gas-fired plants — would have to cut or capture nearly all their carbon dioxide emissions by 2038, the EPA said. Plants that cannot meet the new standards would be forced to retire.

The EPA rule would supposedly not mandate the expensive carbon capturing equipment, which is still in the development stage, but with the caps set on plants’ carbon dioxide pollution, they are likely to struggle for solutions.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/05/12/induced-energy-crisis-biden-admin-has-new-pollution-limits-for-power-plants-n1694764
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fine. Cut off 90% of the electricity to the States on board with this nonsense. Supply the rest (10%), and that will cut the emissions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis