Author Topic: New Data Reveals Sentiments About EVs Could Be Regressing  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Data Reveals Sentiments About EVs Could Be Regressing
« on: May 14, 2023, 10:10:25 am »

New Data Reveals Sentiments About EVs Could Be Regressing
Story by Ron King • Yesterday 6:06 PM

Over the last decade, we’ve witnessed the influx of modernized electric vehicles, or EVs. Initially, consumers expressed interest in their novelty, wowed by high-performance specs, low operating costs, and zero tailpipe emissions.

However, as some states and automakers publish deadlines for phasing out new internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles and consumers look hard at how an EV would fit into their lives, some are less interested in making the switch.

EVs aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.
Data presented by J.D. Power reveals changing sentiment among car shoppers toward purchasing an EV from June 2022 through March 2023. In June 2022, 29.6% of people surveyed said they were “very likely” to consider purchasing an EV as their next car.

However, other than a significant dip to 24.8% in December, the “very likely” segment fell steadily through March 2023, landing at 26.9%. On the flip side, 21% of people surveyed in March 2023 said they were “very unlikely” to consider an EV for their next car compared to 17.7% against the consideration in December 2022.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/new-data-reveals-sentiments-about-evs-could-be-regressing/ar-AA1b9dD6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=92a87c1ad9404304a975758cbba5ad27&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson