Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 223590 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #2150 on: January 08, 2024, 03:12:47 pm »

Bottomline, Putin has wanted to reunite the former USSR for a long time, and started with Ukraine.  I am certain he thought he would conquer Ukraine in just a few days.  Frankly, I never imagined they would last this long, but that is due to believing Russia was a stronger military force than they are.  It appears to me Russia is largely a paper tiger.

I agree fully with that part of you post @jafo2010 but I see I see protecting the money laundering as the ONLY real reason the USA is aiding Ukraine.  Call me cynical.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2151 on: January 08, 2024, 09:01:07 pm »
I agree fully with that part of you post @jafo2010 but I see I see protecting the money laundering as the ONLY real reason the USA is aiding Ukraine.  Call me cynical.
Keep in mind that with that much money flying around, there is always room for kickbacks and laundering, with enough to fight a war left over.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2152 on: January 08, 2024, 10:37:05 pm »
Russia is firing everything it has at Ukraine right now. Cruise missiles from bombers, sea-launched cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, hypersonic missiles, suicide drones & S-300 missiles against Kharkiv. They are going after the energy grid

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1744235518953488770

@mountaineer

And the Chinese are LOVING the hell out of it. The sooner Russia wastes all her missiles,soldiers,armor,etc,etc,etc on Ukraine,the happier China will be because they will then be free to just walk into Russia and take over the oil fields and gold mines. A few Russian draftees with  AK's won't be enough to even slow them down,never mind stop them.

Hell,Russia is even building a road and docking facilities for ships for them!

Kinda makes you wonder if ANYBODY in a military uniform in Russia is paying attention,doesn't it?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 10:38:20 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2153 on: January 08, 2024, 10:38:38 pm »
@mountaineer

And the Chinese as LOVING the hell out of it. The sooner Russia wastes all her missiles,soldiers,armor,etc,etc,etc on Ukraine,they will be free to just walk into Russia and take over the oil fields and gold mines. A few Russian draftees with  AK's won't be enough to even slow them down,never mind stop them.

Hell,Russia is even building a road and docking facilities for ships for them!

Kinda makes you wonder if ANYBODY in a military uniform in Russia is paying attention,doesn't it?
They are just following orders, don'cha know.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2154 on: January 08, 2024, 10:39:41 pm »
They are just following orders, don'cha know.

@Smokin Joe

Which is what all "good little comrades" are expected to do.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2155 on: January 08, 2024, 10:53:11 pm »
Keep in mind that with that much money flying around, there is always room for kickbacks and laundering, with enough to fight a war left over.

:yowsa: That's exactly the point.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2156 on: January 09, 2024, 04:36:06 am »
@Smokin Joe

Which is what all "good little comrades" are expected to do.
Well, it's either that of get shot.  Maybe a labor camp... :shrug:

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2157 on: January 09, 2024, 10:44:22 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Well,there is always the option of shooting back.

If you are going to go down anyhow,why not go down fighting?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2158 on: January 10, 2024, 03:35:46 am »
@Smokin Joe

Well,there is always the option of shooting back.

If you are going to go down anyhow,why not go down fighting?
I have played it through in my head. If the time comes, anyone who has to defend their Country on their home turf should take at least 3 attackers with them unless they are invading Chinese, then the number goes up to a dozen or more.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 03:37:46 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2159 on: January 10, 2024, 10:04:08 pm »

@Smokin Joe

I'll take "getting shott",thank you  very  much.

Never was real good at following orders.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2160 on: January 11, 2024, 07:00:24 pm »
Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO
This is shocking - the Pentagon can’t account for more than HALF of Ukraine aid checked by watchdogs. And we’re going to send them $60 billion more?
NYT: U.S. Military Aid to Ukraine was Poorly Tracked, Pentagon Report Concludes
1:17 PM · Jan 11, 2024

Story also at Forbes.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 07:09:16 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2161 on: January 11, 2024, 08:37:07 pm »
Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO
This is shocking - the Pentagon can’t account for more than HALF of Ukraine aid checked by watchdogs. And we’re going to send them $60 billion more?
NYT: U.S. Military Aid to Ukraine was Poorly Tracked, Pentagon Report Concludes
1:17 PM · Jan 11, 2024

Story also at Forbes.

It's a deceptive story with a misleading title.  This is about actual weapons and not cash.  So how do bean U.S. counters keep track of weapons being used in trenches, probably destroyed, on a World War I type of battlefield along a 600-mile front?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2162 on: January 11, 2024, 08:55:00 pm »
Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO

This isn't surprising considering that we'll over half of the 'aid' [sic] went to the State Dept and USAID.  Care to guess who runs USAID?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2163 on: January 12, 2024, 05:45:18 am »
Top Russian Commander Killed in Crimea Strike

Isabel van Brugen  •  18h

A top Russian commander was killed in an attack on annexed Crimea by Ukrainian forces last week, it has been reported.

News of the death of Russian Colonel Vadim Nailyovich Ismagilov, commander of the 3rd Signals Intelligence Regiment of Russia's Aerospace Forces, comes after Ukrainian troops struck a command post of a Russian military unit near Sevastopol in Crimea on January 4.

The Chelyabinsk Higher Military Automotive Command and Engineering School, from which he graduated in 2003, said on social media platform VKontakte on Wednesday that a farewell to the colonel would take place in Chelyabinsk on Thursday at 11 a.m. local time.

https://twitter.com/KilledInUkraine/status/1745029720880648273

The Ukrainian Military Center, a public organization, said the Russian colonel "was eliminated in Crimea."   .  .  .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-russian-commander-killed-in-crimea-strike-reports/ar-AA1mNLcv
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2164 on: January 12, 2024, 11:19:02 am »
Am I the only one surprised that the neo-Soviets would publish this info?

Seems like their usual "Step"  is to deny and then deny some more.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2165 on: January 12, 2024, 02:39:19 pm »
"Serbian mercenaries are not satisfied with the conditions in the russian army and the treatment of them as cattle."

from r/UkraineWarVideoReport

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1937gcr/serbian_mercenaries_are_not_satisfied_with_the/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2166 on: January 12, 2024, 02:45:38 pm »
US Insufficiently Tracked More Than $1 Billion In Weapons For Ukraine, Pentagon Watchdog Finds

Micaela Burrow
Investigative Reporter, Defense
January 11, 2024 2:05 PM ET

U.S. defense and diplomatic officials improperly tracked more than $1 billion in weapons provided to Ukraine as part of the Biden administration’s efforts to help the country defend itself against Russia’s invasion, raising questions about the U.S. ability to monitor aid, according to an inspector general report.

The investigation focused on how the Department of Defense (DOD) kept tabs on nearly 40,000 items considered sensitive and especially vulnerable to smuggling operations, according to The New York Times, which received a copy of the report. As of June 2, 2023, the U.S. had transferred to Ukraine at least $1.699 billion in items that by law qualify for enhanced end-use monitoring, and DOD officials failed to compile full or timely inventories on 69% of the total value, the report, released in a redacted form Thursday, stated.

DOD’s inability to input items into government databases or confirm their location in a timely manner “may increase the risk of theft or diversion,” the report found.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/11/us-insufficiently-tracked-1-billion-weapons-ukraine-pentagon-watchdog/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2167 on: January 13, 2024, 12:37:23 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #2168 on: January 13, 2024, 01:15:36 pm »
That's exactly what he's saying.  Appeasement and surrender are good for business apparently!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2169 on: January 13, 2024, 02:34:14 pm »
So basically Trump wants appeasement:

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/1745935929108246590

@kevindavis007

Trump is going to  lose a lot of his support if his son is telling the truth,and not what he "thinks is  true".

I find it hard to believe that it IS true. The world FINALLY has a genuine chance of freeing the Russian people and the world from the threat of Soviet Communism,and there can be NO excuse for "quitting while you are ahead."

Pooty Poot SHOULD have been removed from office a long time ago,and if the west stops our support of Ukraine,that would amount to endorsing Putin as "Maximum Ruler for Life who can do or say anything he wants to do or say".

Russia SHOULD have caved on the invasion of Ukraine long ago when it became obvious it wasn't going to be the "Cake Walk" they thought it was going to be,and at the rate they are losing conscripts,weapons,and even the ability to defend Russia without resorting to nukes,they are teetering on the verge of total military collapse.

Which would,of course lead to political collapse and uprisings inside Russia. Maybe even  a military rebellion against the state.

They can't continue losing at this rate or they will no longer have an army big enough to even contain rebellious Russian/Soviet citizens,never mind terrorize bordering nations.

Putin MAY think that the oil and gold reserves in Eastern Russia will bail him out on the international front,but the Chinese are salivating at the thought of a Russian military too weakened to stop their invasion and take-over of Eastern Russia and the oil fiends and gold mines. And,of course,if/WHEN that happens,Russia will be all alone in the world when it comes time for them to prevent  the Chinese from taking  over ALL of Russia.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 02:41:43 pm by sneakypete »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2170 on: January 14, 2024, 05:50:05 am »
Ukrainian artillery shell:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2171 on: January 14, 2024, 01:25:38 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #2172 on: January 14, 2024, 01:36:46 pm »
This.....

If Putin defeats Ukraine, the Russian threat to our allies in Europe grows dramatically. Investing now to stop Putin in Ukraine helps to avoid bigger wars or threats of war in the future. Let us learn the lessons of the 1930s instead of repeating the same mistakes again.?

EXACTLY!!!   :amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2173 on: January 14, 2024, 01:42:42 pm »
This.....

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1746432239993290971?t=ntwixTN5_0f16L4Hc-Weww&s=19

If Putin defeats Ukraine, the Russian threat to our allies in Europe grows dramatically. Investing now to stop Putin in Ukraine helps to avoid bigger wars or threats of war in the future. Let us learn the lessons of the 1930s instead of repeating the same mistakes again.

@kevindavis007

Truer words have never been spoken. Here is America's chance to eliminate the threat of communism in the west without risking the life of a single US military member,and the "better red than dead" crowd is having a freaking fit over it.

Putin IS the "maximum leader of Russia" at the moment,but when/IF the moment comes when he no longer has any fresh  troops to throw into the blood bath in Ukraine,or even the weapons and other "tools" the neo-Soviets need to fight,like food,uniforms,diesel fuel,ammo,vehicles,new draftees,etc,etc,etc,it will be OVER for him as well as over for what we have called "The Soviet Union" for as long as I remember.

The TRUTH is it was NEVER a "Union" it was "Holy Mother Russia" and independent  nations she invaded and conquered and turned into communist slave states.

There is only ONE other nation in the whole world that runs a slave state that has that kind of power,and that is China.

Our next step SHOULD be to stop trade with China and quit enriching the bastards so they can build bigger and more threatening weapons systems and  military branches.

WHY are supposedly intelligent people in major corporations giving contracts to the Chinese,when the Chinese don't even bother to pretend to be anything but an enemy of the rest of the freaking world? The west is funding the next war against us!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 01:44:16 pm by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #2174 on: January 14, 2024, 10:32:37 pm »
The same bunch that is calling this "another Vietnam" are the Communist bastards and their useful idiots and descendants who LOST the Vietnam War.

Our troops won every major engagement. The politicians and the Press lost the War. (Eff you, Walter Cronkite!)

C S Lewis