Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 223716 times)

Offline ScottinVA

Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #1175 on: August 04, 2023, 08:32:51 pm »
One of them actually told me the other day that he wanted to rebuild the Russian Empire and thought that things would be better now if the Soviet Union had won the Cold War.

Seriously?

They even want to see the U.S. military defeated in Europe and our cities nuked, just so that our country will somehow be rebuilt more to their liking.  And yes, several have said this openly on the forum.

Those pukes over at the Fealty to Russia site are so blinded by their adoration of Putin, they are completely removed from all bounds of reality.  And… I bet I know who at TOS longs for a reestablishment of the Russian empire.

But their deluded selves can take comfort in the fact the Russian military is the second most powerful… in Ukraine.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 08:42:25 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #1176 on: August 04, 2023, 08:44:01 pm »
Russians tortured nearly half of Kherson prisoners, some with genital electrocution: report

By Isabel Keane
August 2, 2023

Nearly half of the Ukrainians held by Russian troops in detention centers in Kherson encountered widespread torture and sexual violence — with some even being subjected to genital electrocution, war crime investigators said in a report released Wednesday.

The report analyzed 320 cases of imprisonment across 35 detention centers in Kherson and found at least 43% of victims “explicitly mentioned practices of torture in the detention centers, citing sexual violence as a common tactic imposed on them by Russian guards.”

The report was compiled by a Mobile Justice Team formed by international human rights firm Global Rights Compliance, which has supported Ukraine’s Office of the Prosecutor General (OPG) with its war crimes investigations since the Kherson region was reclaimed from Russia in November.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/02/kherson-prisoners-subjected-to-torture-including-genital-electrocution/

The world will be a better place when and if that evil empire ceases to exist. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 08:45:05 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1177 on: August 04, 2023, 08:52:16 pm »
I was not aware a drone could carry that much payload.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1178 on: August 04, 2023, 08:53:21 pm »
Those pukes over at the Fealty to Russia site are so blinded by their adoration of Putin, they are completely removed from all bounds of reality.  And… I bet I know who at TOS longs for a reestablishment of the Russian empire.

But their deluded selves can take comfort in the fact the Russian military is the second most powerful… in Ukraine.

@ScottinVA

HTH can ANYONE  adore Putin?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1179 on: August 04, 2023, 08:56:03 pm »
@Maj.Bill Martin
There is nothing strange about Surrender Monkeys. They are people who would rather be slaves than risk losing their lives to remain free.

The only thing strange about them is their reluctance to admit to being surrender monkeys. If you are too afraid to fight for your freedoms,admit it. We need to know so we know we can't count on you if push comes to shove,but other than that,speaking solely for myself,I don't give a damn. I would rather know I can't count on you in the future than to find out in the future that I can't count on you.
Surrender monkeys have been a problem for a long time, @sneakypete  Even Sam Adams had something to say about them.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1180 on: August 04, 2023, 09:02:06 pm »
Surrender monkeys have been a problem for a long time, @sneakypete  Even Sam Adams had something to say about them.

@Smokin Joe

The man had a way with words,didn't he?

Now that I have seen  it,I remember reading it long,long  ago.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1181 on: August 04, 2023, 11:12:32 pm »
@ScottinVA

HTH can ANYONE  adore Putin?

Their mindset is such that they would actually collaborate with the Russians if Putin ever launched an invasion of the U.S., just to save their own skins and bring "peace" to the country.  Kinda like the slimy homefront villains you'd see in a 1980s Cold War flick like Red Dawn or Amerika.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1182 on: August 04, 2023, 11:17:50 pm »
Their mindset is such that they would actually collaborate with the Russians if Putin ever launched an invasion of the U.S., just to save their own skins and bring "peace" to the country.  Kinda like the slimy homefront villains you'd see in a 1980s Cold War flick like Red Dawn or Amerika.

@Timber Rattler

Ok,the people you are describing are people who are afraid of dying to the point  they would happily become slaves if their new masters promised to not kill them.

Has NOTHING to do with  peace,and everything to do with  personal survival at any cost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1183 on: August 05, 2023, 12:49:57 am »
@Timber Rattler

Ok,the people you are describing are people who are afraid of dying to the point  they would happily become slaves if their new masters promised to not kill them.

Has NOTHING to do with  peace,and everything to do with  personal survival at any cost.
including a complete lack of loyalty or honor. Such people do not make good friends, or even mere acquaintances.

C S Lewis

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #1184 on: August 05, 2023, 12:38:57 pm »
@Timber Rattler

That's exactly right.  They would rather live on their knees than fight and die for their liberty, and have said as much at TOS.  And they call themselves Conservatives?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #1185 on: August 05, 2023, 01:48:17 pm »
That's exactly right.  They would rather live on their knees than fight and die for their liberty, and have said as much at TOS.  And they call themselves Conservatives?

I bet you those are the same people who call themselves Patriots.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1186 on: August 05, 2023, 01:52:27 pm »
What the Hell is going on right now?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1187 on: August 05, 2023, 02:03:17 pm »

I bet you those are the same people who call themselves Patriots.

@kevindavis007

They can call themselves BMW's if they want,but that doesn't  mean you would want to have one in your garage.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 02:04:45 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1188 on: August 05, 2023, 07:40:24 pm »
Russia promises retaliation after Ukrainian drones hit a Russian tanker in 2nd sea attack in a day

Pittsburgh Post Gazette by Hanna Arhirova 8/5/2023

KYIV, Ukraine — Moscow promised retaliation Saturday after Ukrainian drones hit a Russian tanker in the Black Sea near Crimea late Friday, the second sea attack involving drones in one day.

Ukraine struck a major Russian port earlier on Friday.

Moscow strongly condemned what it sees as a Ukrainian “terrorist attack” on a civilian vessel in the Kerch Strait, said Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova.

“There can be no justification for such barbaric actions, they will not go unanswered and their authors and perpetrators will inevitably be punished,” she wrote on the Telegram messaging app.

As Kyiv’s naval capabilities grow, the Black Sea is becoming an increasingly important battleground in the war.

Three weeks ago, Moscow withdrew from a key export agreement that allowed Ukraine to ship millions of tons of grain across the Black Sea for sale on world markets. In the wake of that withdrawal, Russia carried out repeated strikes on Ukrainian ports, including Odesa.

An official with Ukraine’s Security Service confirmed to The Associated Press that the service was behind the attack on the tanker, which was transporting fuel for Russian forces. A sea drone, filled with 992 pounds of TNT, was used for the attack, added the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to give official statements.

“The Sig tanker ... suffered a hole in the engine room near the waterline on the starboard side, presumably as a result of a sea drone attack,” Russia’s Federal Agency for Marine and River Transport wrote on Telegram, adding that there were no casualties among the 11 crew members.

More: https://www.post-gazette.com/news/world/2023/08/05/russia-ukraine-drones-tanker-sea-attack-zelenskyy-putin-kyiv-moscow/stories/202308050085

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1189 on: August 05, 2023, 07:46:47 pm »
Moscow strongly condemned what it sees as a Ukrainian “terrorist attack” on a civilian vessel in the Kerch Strait, said Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova.
Hello, pot - meet чайник.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1190 on: August 05, 2023, 07:53:04 pm »
Russia promises retaliation after Ukrainian drones hit a Russian tanker in 2nd sea attack in a day

Pittsburgh Post Gazette by Hanna Arhirova 8/5/2023

KYIV, Ukraine — Moscow promised retaliation Saturday after Ukrainian drones hit a Russian tanker in the Black Sea near Crimea late Friday, the second sea attack involving drones in one day.

Ukraine struck a major Russian port earlier on Friday.

“There can be no justification for such barbaric actions, they will not go unanswered and their authors and perpetrators will inevitably be punished,” she wrote on the Telegram messaging app.

As Kyiv’s naval capabilities grow, the Black Sea is becoming an increasingly important battleground in the war.

Three weeks ago, Moscow withdrew from a key export agreement that allowed Ukraine to ship millions of tons of grain across the Black Sea for sale on world markets. In the wake of that withdrawal, Russia carried out repeated strikes on Ukrainian ports, including Odesa.

An official with Ukraine’s Security Service confirmed to The Associated Press that the service was behind the attack on the tanker, which was transporting fuel for Russian forces. A sea drone, filled with 992 pounds of TNT, was used for the attack, added the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to give official statements.

“The Sig tanker ... suffered a hole in the engine room near the waterline on the starboard side, presumably as a result of a sea drone attack,” Russia’s Federal Agency for Marine and River Transport wrote on Telegram, adding that there were no casualties among the 11 crew members.

More: https://www.post-gazette.com/news/world/2023/08/05/russia-ukraine-drones-tanker-sea-attack-zelenskyy-putin-kyiv-moscow/stories/202308050085

@Elderberry

So,Russia is now going to  retaliate for another nation fighting back after being invaded  by Russia?

Does the word "retaliate" NOT translate very well into Russian?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1191 on: August 05, 2023, 08:21:57 pm »
One of them actually told me the other day that he wanted to rebuild the Russian Empire and thought that things would be better now if the Soviet Union had won the Cold War.

Seriously?

They even want to see the U.S. military defeated in Europe and our cities nuked, just so that our country will somehow be rebuilt more to their liking.  And yes, several have said this openly on the forum.

Disturbing. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1192 on: August 06, 2023, 12:52:25 am »
Ukraine 'blows hole' in Russian warship I Ukraine the Latest | Podcast

The Telegraph

A Ukrainian drone attacked a Russian tanker in the Black Sea, tearing a hole in the vessels engine room.

”Overnight the (Ukrainian Security Service) SBU blew up the ‘SIG’, a large oil tanker of the Russian Federation that was transporting fuel for Russian troops,” a source in the security service said.

The vessel has been sanctioned by the US for transporting fuel to Russian forces in Syria.

No one was killed in the attack, but Vladimir Rogov, a Russian-installed official in the southern Ukrainian region of Zaporizhzhia, had earlier said several members of the ship’s crew of 11 were injured by broken glass.

The tanker was hit at around 11.20pm on Friday, south of the Kerch Strait, Russia’s Federal Agency for Sea and Inland Water Transport said.

The department added that the tanker suffered a hole at the waterline in the area of the engine room, “presumably as a result of an attack by a marine drone,” but that the ship was still afloat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1zWMRiko-E

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1193 on: August 06, 2023, 01:23:05 am »
WOW!

They are damn lucky the ship didn't catch  on fire.

Don't even remember hearing about a oil tanker being hit before without it catching on fire.

Maybe the warhead was a dud?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1194 on: August 06, 2023, 03:50:35 am »

Retaliation?  So what is Russia gonna do?  Fire a bunch of missiles at Ukrainian civilian targets?  Blow up a major dam?  Kidnap Ukrainian children and ship them to Russia?  Burn food crops?  Rape and execute civilians and pile their bodies into mass graves?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1196 on: August 06, 2023, 10:44:56 am »
Images Show Fortifications Being Built Near Suspected Wagner Camp In Belarus

Radio Free Europe 8/2/2023

Belarus - Title image. The construction of fortifications at the military training ground "Repishcha" near Asipovichy
 and not far from the Wagner camp. 31JUL2023

Fortifications are being actively constructed near the tent camp of the private Wagner mercenary group in the village of Tsel in eastern Belarus, the site believed to be where troops from Yevgeny Prigozhin's company have settled after its aborted mutiny in Russia in late June.

Images from the Planet Labs service obtained by RFE/RL show what appear to be trenches being dug out at the Repishcha military test field, 15 kilometers from the suspected Wagner camp. Bulldozers and minibuses can be seen near the construction sites.

Previous images from Planet Labs have shown increasing numbers of pieces of equipment, trucks, and other types of vehicles in Tsel.

Last weekend, Belarus's Defense Ministry said it plans to carry out military exercises with an artillery brigade at Repishcha that involve instructors from Wagner. Drones will also be involved in the maneuvers.

More: https://www.rferl.org/a/belarus-wagner-camp-fortifications/32531158.html

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1197 on: August 06, 2023, 10:54:17 am »
Ukrainian Naval Drones Hit A Tanker, Gives Russia Another Dilemma

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 8/4/2023

Ukraine is stepping up it’s naval drone game, as they just hit a Russian tanker.

A Ukrainian sea drone full of explosives struck a Russian fuel tanker overnight near a bridge linking Russia to annexed Crimea, the second such attack in 24 hours, both sides said on Saturday.

Kyiv says destroying Russia’s military infrastructure inside Russia or on Russian-controlled territory in Ukraine is crucial to its counteroffensive after the February 2022 invasion.

Another sea drone attack on Russia’s navy base at Novorossiysk damaged a warship on Friday, the first time the Ukrainian navy had projected its power so far from its shores.

Suchomimus has two separate videos up about the attack, the second of which includes footage of the strike itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpS9Aj6Big0&t=0s

To me one of the interesting things in that video is not about the attack itself, but the sat pic 25 seconds in that shows over a dozen ships anchored some 20km south of the Kerch Strait Bridge. I don’t know why they’re doing that (Escorting them one at a time through the strait? Port capacity?), but an anchorage area like that offers a target-rich environment now that we know Ukraine has the capability to hit it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxqlB87MB-Y

That video shows a guided rather than pre-programmed drone, as it corrects course to hit the tanker.

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=55538

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1198 on: August 06, 2023, 12:23:30 pm »
Putin's cruel revenge: Russia bombs blood bank in Kharkiv after Kremlin's blunt threat of retaliation for Ukrainian drone attacks on warships

By JACK WRIGHT
5 August 2023

Vladimir Putin bombed a Ukrainian blood bank tonight in revenge for drone strikes on Russian warships in the Black Sea.

President Volodymyr Zelensky denounced the deadly strike on a blood transfusion centre in the Kharkiv region of northeast Ukraine as a 'war crime' as Moscow escalated its attacks in the war-torn country.

A separate strike struck a key factory, both attacks coming just hours after Kyiv hit a Russian tanker in the Kerch Strait. The attacks were the latest since Moscow exited a deal last month that had ensured Ukrainian grain exports despite the ongoing conflict.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12377033/Putins-cruel-revenge-Russia-bombs-blood-bank-Kharkiv-Kremlins-blunt-threat-retaliation-Ukrainian-drone-attacks-warships.html

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #1199 on: August 06, 2023, 12:32:27 pm »
Putin's cruel revenge: Russia bombs blood bank in Kharkiv after Kremlin's blunt threat of retaliation for Ukrainian drone attacks on warships

By JACK WRIGHT
5 August 2023

Vladimir Putin bombed a Ukrainian blood bank tonight in revenge for drone strikes on Russian warships in the Black Sea.

President Volodymyr Zelensky denounced the deadly strike on a blood transfusion centre in the Kharkiv region of northeast Ukraine as a 'war crime' as Moscow escalated its attacks in the war-torn country.

A separate strike struck a key factory, both attacks coming just hours after Kyiv hit a Russian tanker in the Kerch Strait. The attacks were the latest since Moscow exited a deal last month that had ensured Ukrainian grain exports despite the ongoing conflict.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12377033/Putins-cruel-revenge-Russia-bombs-blood-bank-Kharkiv-Kremlins-blunt-threat-retaliation-Ukrainian-drone-attacks-warships.html

In a just world, Putin would be run feet first through a wood chipper and Russia would be dismembered into 25 mini states that would not threaten their neighbors.