Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 217725 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #1125 on: July 31, 2023, 04:34:29 am »
Ukraine is getting stronger, and the war is gradually returning to Russia’s territory

That is an exact quote from Adolf Hitler in 1945
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1126 on: July 31, 2023, 04:47:39 am »
Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland ...
They all mark this day
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1127 on: July 31, 2023, 03:00:53 pm »
Ukraine is getting stronger, and the war is gradually returning to Russia’s territory

1. Got a source for that "quote"?

2. Were German forces even in any part of Ukraine in 1945 (= possible anachronistic fake "quote").

3. Stating a simple fact - Ukraine is advancing, liberating territory occupied by the Russians - makes Zelensky a Nazi? *****rollingeyes*****

4. Is it possible to discuss Russia's invasion of Ukraine without fulfilling Godwin's Law?

5. Could we stay well away from:

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1128 on: July 31, 2023, 03:08:03 pm »

If you have a source, please provide it, because a search does not indicate that Hitler ever said anything like that viz. Ukraine, nor that he said anything like that in 1945 viz. the Soviet Union's invasion of Germany.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #1129 on: July 31, 2023, 04:37:04 pm »

And your source for that is…. What?  “Moon of Alabama?” Scott Ritter? Douggie MacGregor?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1130 on: July 31, 2023, 04:57:49 pm »
If you have a source, please provide it, because a search does not indicate that Hitler ever said anything like that viz. Ukraine, nor that he said anything like that in 1945 viz. the Soviet Union's invasion of Germany.

Because of the Holodomor the Stalinist-government-created famine that starved to death 5-10 million Ukrainians, and other Stalinist oppression, had Hitler been less racist - Ukrainians are Slavic, not "Aryan" - he might have gotten many Ukrainian people's loyalty. IRL, Ukrainians initially welcomed German troops as liberators (because Holodomor, etc.), but when the Germans proved they came as oppressors, Ukrainians turned against the Germans.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1131 on: July 31, 2023, 05:12:16 pm »

I'm not super familiar with the WW2 Eastern Front, and it's less than easy to piece together the approximate frontline thereof in January 1945, but the Russians were well west of Ukraine, in Poland, Hungary, and south into the Balkan Peninsula (into modern Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina). So unless Hitler was VERY deep into Cloud CuckooLand he would not have been making claims in 1945 about fighting taking place in Ukraine.

Time to :goalpost: ?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1132 on: July 31, 2023, 07:45:34 pm »

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1685705394855841792

Can it be reasonably inferred from this threat that things are not going well for the Russian orcs? Especially in Zaporizhia and Donetsk Oblasts?

Offline berdie

« Reply #1133 on: July 31, 2023, 08:46:57 pm »
Can it be reasonably inferred from this threat that things are not going well for the Russian orcs? Especially in Zaporizhia and Donetsk Oblasts?

I certainly hope that is the case.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1134 on: August 01, 2023, 12:34:10 am »
Ukraine is getting stronger, and the war is gradually returning to Russia’s territory.

That is an exact quote from Adolf Hitler in 1945.

No, it isn't.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 10:55:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1135 on: August 01, 2023, 12:37:11 am »
And your source for that is…. What?  “Moon of Alabama?” Scott Ritter? Douggie MacGregor?

I'm guessing you're not going to get an answer to that one....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1136 on: August 01, 2023, 05:25:12 pm »
Ukraine tells Russia to expect 'more drones and more collapse' after skyscraper in Moscow is attacked for the second time in two days in clear sign of 'cracks in Putin's regime'

There have been several drone attacks on Russian soil as of late - but Kyiv has not commented on responsibility

By JAMES REYNOLDS and DAVID AVERRE
1 August 2023

Ukraine has told Russia to expect 'more unidentified drones, more collapse [and] more civil conflicts' after a skyscraper in Moscow was attacked for the second time in two days.

The strike this morning impacted an office block known as the IQ quarter in Moscow City - a commercial and business district in the capital - which houses the ministry of economic development, the digital ministry and the ministry of industry and trade.

Kyiv has not confirmed if it was behind the attack, but Zelensky on Sunday described it as the 'natural process' of war 'returning to Russia'.

Ukrainian presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said that citizens in Russia's capital are 'rapidly getting used to a fully-fledged war' as attacks on Russian soil mount.

He added: 'More unidentified drones, more collapse, more civil conflicts, more war.'

It comes as Nina Khrushcheva, the great-granddaughter of former Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev and a professor of international affairs at The New School in New York, told the BBC that the strikes on Moscow expose 'the cracks' in Vladimir Putin's regime.

'The despair is getting more prevalent, and I think it's going to be very hard, much harder now to pretend, at least in Moscow that the war is too far away,' she concluded.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12360811/Ukraine-tells-Russia-expect-drones-collapse-skyscraper-Moscow-attacked-second-time-two-days-clear-sign-cracks-Putins-regime.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1137 on: August 01, 2023, 10:07:05 pm »
Ukrainian troops on front line admit Russians tougher than expected in ongoing counteroffensive

By Patrick Reilly
August 1, 2023

Ukrainian troops admitted that the Russians have put up a tougher fight than expected as they continue pushing into enemy-controlled territory.

Troops at the vanguard of Ukraine’s long-planned counteroffensive in the southeast region of the country said that a fierce battle last week revealed that the Russian troops are better prepared than originally anticipated.

“The Russians were waiting for us,” a 29-year-old soldier using the call-sign Bulat told Reuters in the Southern Donetsk Province.

“They fired anti-tank weapons and grenade launchers at us. My vehicle drove over an anti-tank mine, but everything was ok, the vehicle took the hit, and everyone was alive.”

Ukraine’s boldest counteroffensive yet is now in its third month. Last week’s battle of Staromaiorske gave an indication as to why the advance has been so slow — and bloody.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/01/ukrainian-troops-on-front-line-admit-russia-troops-tougher-than-expected-in-counteroffensive/

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1138 on: August 02, 2023, 12:01:02 am »
The Russians occupying Zaporizhia have had many months in which to establish multi-layered defenses, so the Ukrainians are going to find the going tough.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1139 on: August 02, 2023, 03:05:43 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DominusVobiscum

« Reply #1140 on: August 02, 2023, 11:54:55 am »
I'm guessing you're not going to get an answer to that one....

Dont forget Larry Johnson -- He is going to be upset being left out! :yowsa:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1141 on: August 02, 2023, 02:39:55 pm »
The Russians occupying Zaporizhia have had many months in which to establish multi-layered defenses, so the Ukrainians are going to find the going tough.

Yup.  And Russian troops have always been better on defense than offense.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #1142 on: August 02, 2023, 03:37:29 pm »
The drone attacks on Moscow were probably out of frustration for lack of Ukranian progress on the ground.

This is where Biden's ambivalence and delays in providing offensive weapons systems to the Ukrainians is having its negative impact upon Ukraine's offensive capabilities.

Overwhelming force and/or rapid advance is required to break through fortified defenses.  Airborne and amphibious forces are needed to bypass fortified positions.

Ukraine is at a disadvantage as long as it does not have air and naval superiority.

Ukraine cannot defeat the Russians with NATO half measures of supplying weapons systems.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1143 on: August 03, 2023, 04:29:05 pm »
The drone attacks on Moscow were probably out of frustration for lack of Ukranian progress on the ground.

The drone attacks in Moscow targeted technology offices where R&D on drone weaponry was taking place.  The attacks were directed at specific floors in specific high-rise buildings.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #1144 on: August 03, 2023, 05:01:58 pm »
The drone attacks in Moscow targeted technology offices where R&D on drone weaponry was taking place.  The attacks were directed at specific floors in specific high-rise buildings.

And they were to show that the war is closer to home in Russia than the government media is reporting or can hide. That they are not nearly as untouchable as Putin is claiming.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1145 on: August 03, 2023, 05:47:23 pm »
And they were to show that the war is closer to home in Russia than the government media is reporting or can hide. That they are not nearly as untouchable as Putin is claiming.

@DB

Pooty-Poot ain't just claiming it,he believes it!

He has to because his only other option is suicide,and dying is for other people,NOT Soviet leaders.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1146 on: August 03, 2023, 06:37:25 pm »

1. If Kyiv is a target for Russian missiles, bombs, and drones, Moscow is not sacrosanct.

2. If this drone attack did target the specific building and floors where Russian drone development and/or control was happening, Putin should be pretty nervous about the sorts of very specific knowledge Ukraine has.

3. Unlike Russian attacks on random civilian areas in Kyiv, Ukrainians drone attacks in Moscow have been more selective, aimed at targets of strategic value.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1147 on: August 04, 2023, 02:09:41 am »
1. If Kyiv is a target for Russian missiles, bombs, and drones, Moscow is not sacrosanct.
F_ck around and find out ...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 02:10:35 am by 240B »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1148 on: August 04, 2023, 02:48:39 am »
F_ck around and find out ...

@240B   @PeteS in CA

I am THINKING (and HOPING!) the Ukes will be VERY cautions about attacks on Moscow. The last thing they can afford to do is make Pooty-Poot desperate to prove his "macho manhood",and if drone hits start making the civilian body count in Moscow explode,the pressure will be on for "Macho Boy" to launch a few nukes. After all,that's about all he has left. He has pretty much already "used up" all his ally "volunteers",as well as Russian volunteers,and is already putting geezers and teens in uniform against their will,and handing them rifles.

I see the BEST case being what remains of the senior Soviet pols and Generals deciding to arrest Putin,call the troops back to Russia,and apologize to Ukraine for the "misunderstandings".

I just don't see that as being very likely at this point in time. It's going to take some major suffering by Soviet forces in Ukraine that gets international press that includes gory photos and film,and it's got to make the geezer Generals in Moscow nervous about their own positions and safety unless they step in and stop the war.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1149 on: August 04, 2023, 03:23:29 am »

it's got to make the geezer Generals in Moscow nervous about their own positions

Being a general in Moskow is like strapping on a suicide bomb. It is only the tick tick tok until you suicide or fall off a balcony.
In terms of job viability, "Russian General" is not looking good.