Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 223918 times)

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2023, 12:22:08 pm »
This can be a double-edged sword,given the way the Soviet leadership has always treated the Soviet soldiers. If they are not careful,they just might be inviting armed foxes into the chicken pen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #654 on: June 24, 2023, 01:01:33 pm »
The whole Russia-Ukraine War has been like blind reporters describing an elephant disguised in a clown suit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #655 on: June 24, 2023, 01:05:34 pm »
Wow 4 pages since last night. I posted at 9 thinking things had calmed down and went to bed...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #656 on: June 24, 2023, 01:22:38 pm »
Heh, I think that fellow at the UN pounding his shoe on the table had more hair.

Sure looks like something big is happening in Russia, though.

Maybe so, but the resemblance IS striking!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #657 on: June 24, 2023, 01:32:26 pm »
Soldiers were used as cannon fodder, their lives worthless to the leadership, arguably treated worse than in WW1. Don't be surprised when a revolution starts if you treat them like this.

Hope Putin ends up twisting on a rope, personally.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #658 on: June 24, 2023, 01:36:20 pm »
Where is Rostov-on-Don ... near the eastern end of the Black Sea, the Crimean Peninsula juts into the Sea. At the eastern end of the Peninsula is the Kerch Strait, which separates the Black Sea from the much smaller Sea of Azov. At the NE corner of the Sea of Azov is Rostov-on-Don, where the Don River flows into, and probably forms the Sea of Azov. Doncha just love descriptions of Russian geography? yogi555

So on one hand, Rostov-on-Don is a significant city. On the other, RoD is south of Bakhmut, where Wagner Group orcs had been fighting, while Moscow is NNE of Bakhmut. So unless the Wagner Group split into two orc bands, Moscow and Putin are not directly threatened.

IF Wagner Group's assault on RoD left a gap or weak area around Bakhmut, that could enable Ukraine to tear open and get behind Russian defenses, and then ... ??? Severodonetsk? Luhansk? End-around the defenses guarding Mariupol and the Black Sea shore?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #659 on: June 24, 2023, 01:41:22 pm »
The really cynical, Machiavellian part of me thinks that the U.S. government bought Wagner and turned it loose in the Russian rear between Ukraine and Moscow.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #660 on: June 24, 2023, 01:51:09 pm »
The really cynical, Machiavellian part of me thinks that the U.S. government bought Wagner and turned it loose in the Russian rear between Ukraine and Moscow.

@Timber Rattler

I think that could have been a real possibility if there were an actual human with an actual brain living in the WH.

Biden  would sell Russia to the highest bidder if he was let loose to roam.

Or maybe try  to smoke or eat it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 03:13:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #661 on: June 24, 2023, 01:55:43 pm »
@Timber Rattler

I think that could have been a real possibility if there were an actual human with an actual brain living in the WH.

Biden  would sell Russia to the highest bidder if he was let lose to roam.

I don't think what is sitting in the WH has anything to do with this @sneakypete he MIGHT be let in on some things after they happen but IMHO the CIA is running this show completely.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #662 on: June 24, 2023, 02:03:22 pm »

I doubt it, Prigozhin and Putin have been backing-and-forthing publicly for months.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #663 on: June 24, 2023, 02:15:01 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #664 on: June 24, 2023, 02:16:00 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #665 on: June 24, 2023, 02:47:53 pm »
I don't think what is sitting in the WH has anything to do with this @sneakypete he MIGHT be let in on some things after they happen but IMHO the CIA is running this show completely.

I think we found where the missing $6 billion went @Bigun

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #666 on: June 24, 2023, 03:00:27 pm »

@Bigun

Clearly,there is someone running the show,and it's not Biden or the braying ass serving as VP.

MY guess it it is some multi-Billionaire like Bill Gates pulling the strings. Gates may even be just one of a  group of Globalists that are really "running the show".

Not that the identity of the "Head Honcho makes any real difference because it is a group effort by globalists who dream of being "Masters of the  Universe".

Truth to tell,even if we had proof of involvement by people like Gates,there is nothing we can do about it because they collect congresscritters like some people collect box tops. IF it WERE Gates sitting at the top of the table and he was exposed,it would make no  difference because nothing would be done against him other than MAYBE filing charges in a federal court,and then having  the case drag on for year after year and appeal after appeal with no actual conviction or sentencing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #667 on: June 24, 2023, 03:06:50 pm »
I don't think the CIA has much of anything to do with this.  Way too risky.   This has been building for some time.

There has been a lot of discontent in Russia that the war has been mismanaged, and most of that kind of sentiment is that the Russians should have been more aggressive.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 03:08:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #668 on: June 24, 2023, 03:14:59 pm »
Guys wtf happened? The map was almost clean just 1 hour ago. Seems like a sudden full scale offensive right now
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #669 on: June 24, 2023, 03:33:07 pm »
I don't think the CIA has much of anything to do with this.  Way too risky.   This has been building for some time.

There has been a lot of discontent in Russia that the war has been mismanaged, and most of that kind of sentiment is that the Russians should have been more aggressive.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I suspect that might have been true earlier,but now I think too many bad things have happened and too many Russian troops have died for what is now LOOKING  like a lost cause,and while the typical Russian serf will continue to love "Holy Mother Russia",those feeling doesn't transfer over to their masters. Give it a couple more months,and Russians will probably have dragged their big cast iron pots out of storage and be ready to boil a few Uber Comrades. Just because the typical Russian seems to worship Russia like it is a God,that doesn't mean they worship the monsters running the show.

Unfortunately,there was nothing they could do about the "Uber Comrades". Fortunately for them,the "Uber Comrades" are doing it to themselves,and once that reaches  a certain level it will evolve into an "audience participation sport". There is a LOT of pent-up  anger at the Soviet leadership,and when it does come out one day,it is going to get ugly on a historic scale.

Remember,every  single one of the conscripts that was sent off to Ukraine to die and return  home in a box has a doting babushka at home whose heart is broken and who  is looking for revenge. Same for the ones that came back home missing legs,arms,or eyes.

If you thing combat is ugly,wait until you see what a group of pissed off mothers and grandmothers will do  if they can get their hands on a local official they think was  responsible for their children or grandchildren being drafted and sent off  to fight a war for no good reason that they can see.

As for the CIA,I am in full agreement with you on that one. I think when it comes to Russia and China these days,that electronic snooping and payments to Chinese subjects pretty  much dominate in China,and I honesty think the situation in Russia is so disorganized by so many fingers in the pie that no one knows where to start,and I SUSPECT the consensus would be to just sit back and watch the Soviets destroy themselves.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #670 on: June 24, 2023, 04:08:37 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

I suspect that might have been true earlier,but now I think too many bad things have happened and too many Russian troops have died for what is now LOOKING  like a lost cause,and while the typical Russian serf will continue to love "Holy Mother Russia",those feeling doesn't transfer over to their masters. Give it a couple more months,and Russians will probably have dragged their big cast iron pots out of storage and be ready to boil a few Uber Comrades. Just because the typical Russian seems to worship Russia like it is a God,that doesn't mean they worship the monsters running the show.

Unfortunately,there was nothing they could do about the "Uber Comrades". Fortunately for them,the "Uber Comrades" are doing it to themselves,and once that reaches  a certain level it will evolve into an "audience participation sport". There is a LOT of pent-up  anger at the Soviet leadership,and when it does come out one day,it is going to get ugly on a historic scale.

Remember,every  single one of the conscripts that was sent off to Ukraine to die and return  home in a box has a doting babushka at home whose heart is broken and who  is looking for revenge. Same for the ones that came back home missing legs,arms,or eyes.

If you thing combat is ugly,wait until you see what a group of pissed off mothers and grandmothers will do  if they can get their hands on a local official they think was  responsible for their children or grandchildren being drafted and sent off  to fight a war for no good reason that they can see.

As for the CIA,I am in full agreement with you on that one. I think when it comes to Russia and China these days,that electronic snooping and payments to Chinese subjects pretty  much dominate in China,and I honesty think the situation in Russia is so disorganized by so many fingers in the pie that no one knows where to start,and I SUSPECT the consensus would be to just sit back and watch the Soviets destroy themselves.

I should have been more clear on the point I was making because you are right.

I think the mass of the Russian people think exactly as you describe.   I was referring more to the Russia  military bloggers - who are very popular - to some popular figures in the Russian media, and to people like Kadyrov and Prigozhin (at least earlier on).  Their view has always been that Russia should have been much more aggressive, with full conscription, use of nukes, etc..

Those people - and Prigozhin may still feel that way - are dangerous, which is one reason why I think we'd be pretty hands off with them.

I do think it is far more likely the Ukrainians themselves may have made some overtures, though. They are definitely not just passive western tools in this.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #671 on: June 24, 2023, 04:48:55 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #672 on: June 24, 2023, 05:39:17 pm »
This could really in fact be the end of Russia.
We all have to pray that it does not become something much worse.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #673 on: June 24, 2023, 08:31:11 pm »
@DB

Good point,but I suspect there  is no one in Russia that the military hates more at this point.
It may be that the number of operational aircraft have been depleted and exaggerated, considering the fine shape all their armor was in when they made the initial push for Kviv. If that's the case, what they mostly have is tied up in the Ukrainian theater, leaving little internally to shift into position to attack.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #674 on: June 24, 2023, 08:33:37 pm »

Eastern Russia (Kamchatka peninsula and environs) is closer to the US than Western Russia.

They even have islands in the Aleutian chain where you can see US Islands in the Aleutian chain. (Sarah Palin wasn't wrong, just what she said distroted).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis