Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 166053 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 02:19:07 pm »
 :bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 02:26:55 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 05:13:13 pm »
Battle for Bakhmut: Russia Retreats in ‘Bad Order’ as Ukrainians Gain 1km of Territory, British Intel Claims

The battle for Bakhmut has apparently taken a turn in favour of Ukraine, with the Russians retreating in “bad order”, according to UK intel.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/05/13/battle-for-bakhmut-russia-retreats-in-bad-order-as-ukrainians-gain-1km-of-territory-british-intel-claims/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Online Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 06:11:45 pm »
Russia acknowledges retreat north of Bakhmut, Wagner boss calls it a 'rout'

Olena Harmash and Ivan Lyubysh-Kirdey  |  May 12, 2023  |  4:16 PM EDT

KYIV, May 12 (Reuters) - Moscow acknowledged on Friday that its forces had fallen back north of Ukraine's battlefield city of Bakhmut after a new Ukrainian offensive, in a retreat that the head of Russia's Wagner private army called a rout.

The setback for Russia, which follows similar reports of Ukrainian advances south of the city, suggests a coordinated push by Kyiv to encircle Russian forces in Bakhmut, Moscow's main objective for months during the war's bloodiest fighting.

"In three days of counter-offensive activity, the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the Bakhmut sector have liberated 17.3 sq. km (6.6 sq. miles) of territory," Serhiy Cherevatyi, spokesman for the "east" group of Ukrainian forces, said on the Telegram messaging app.

Both sides are now reporting the biggest Ukrainian gains in six months, although Ukraine has given few details and played down suggestions a huge, long-planned counteroffensive has officially begun.  .  .

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukrainian-tanks-join-attacks-along-60-mile-front-russia-says-2023-05-12/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 06:27:05 pm »
Russian air forces have been having a very bad bad day,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ORTr2kRyw . Two Mi-8 helicopters, an Su-34 strike-fighter, and an Su-35 fighter down near Bryansk, Russia, 50-70 miles from the Ukraine and Belarus borders.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline kevindavis007

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 08:47:12 pm »
 :bkmk:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 10:03:25 pm »
Gee wish I could feel sorry for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 11:06:24 pm »
Just out of curiousity,have  any of the serious "talking heads" started discussing what changes MIGHT take place in Russia if they actually lose this war,and the people revolt and throw the Communist leadership up  against a wall and executes them?

I can see a "new Russia" wanting to join NATO and become a part of the west,but  am not so certain that anyone will trust them that far after all these years of Soviet rule and threats.

Still,SOMETHING will have to be done to prevent the Chinese from moving in and taking over. After all,they now have all that cash coming in from manufacturing goods for the American markets to spend,and they DEARLY want the gold,oil,coal,and other  assets  that lay untouched  in Siberia.

Any predictions on what might  happen?

BTW,am I the only one worried about an emerging China using western money and connections to destroy America and other western nations?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 12:00:15 am »
Just out of curiousity,have  any of the serious "talking heads" started discussing what changes MIGHT take place in Russia if they actually lose this war,and the people revolt and throw the Communist leadership up  against a wall and executes them?

I can see a "new Russia" wanting to join NATO and become a part of the west,but  am not so certain that anyone will trust them that far after all these years of Soviet rule and threats.

Still,SOMETHING will have to be done to prevent the Chinese from moving in and taking over. After all,they now have all that cash coming in from manufacturing goods for the American markets to spend,and they DEARLY want the gold,oil,coal,and other  assets  that lay untouched  in Siberia.

BTW,am I the only one worried about an emerging China using western money and connections to destroy America and other western nations?

Probably the same as the early 90's.  The oligarchs will quietly resume control and find another Putin to keep the mobs under control.  The people will be thrilled with the comparative safety and take it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 12:13:03 am »
Probably the same as the early 90's.  The oligarchs will quietly resume control and find another Putin to keep the mobs under control.  The people will be thrilled with the comparative safety and take it.

@Cyber Liberty

I could easily  be wrong because my memory now sucks,but I SEEM to remember Yeltsin as a genuine reformer that did a LOT to open Russia and free the people from their chains.

Unfortunately,the "Soviet System" took over again with a stealth candidate named Putin,who took over as a reformer,but was and is nothing but a dedicated  Communist who has for all practical purposes taken over the electoral system to the point the old Soviets might as well be in power again.

I am HOPING that Putin has now over-reached to the point where he has killed Communism in Russia,and come the next election that a rabid dog could beat him. I think even the dedicated Soviets have had enough by now to want to get rid of him. After all,he spoiled THEIR lives much more than the lives of the typical neo-Soviet citizen,who never had much to start with. Putin and  his actions  have actually threatened their very survival.

I think this is especially true if they have to tuck their tails beneath their bellies and flee back to Russia from Ukraine in defeat. There just ain't going to be any way to "manage" THAT to make the Neo-Soviets look good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 04:32:46 am »

My prediction is that the above bolded will not happen because if you launch an invasion of the home territory of a nuclear power like Russia, you risk....

Nope.  That's one reason I don't think we can let the junior partner in the China/Russia partnership win in Ukraine.  We have to show the rest of the world that we're willing to stand against aggression.  If we don't, we'll lose too much influence, and other nations will be easily bullied by the Chinese and Russians.

The surest way to guarantee Chinese success is for us to retreat into isolationism.  That doesn't mean we should start committing U.S. troops, but surely providing weapons to those who are willing to commit their own troops is doable.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023, 05:45:44 am »
Russian air forces have been having a very bad bad day,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ORTr2kRyw . Two Mi-8 helicopters, an Su-34 strike-fighter, and an Su-35 fighter down near Bryansk, Russia, 50-70 miles from the Ukraine and Belarus borders.
MI-8 Minimum of $16 million US each, $40 Million for the SU-34, about 43 million USD for the SU-35 (lowball prices, not including ordnance). The Russians bled over $110 million US in a day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2023, 05:50:25 am »

No, Pete, you are not the only one. That has been a concern of mine for decades, (like Freeper Jeff Head, if you recall him).  People have long said we'd sell people the rope to hang us, and Biden is trying to become salesman of the year.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2023, 05:55:41 am »

@Cyber Liberty

I could easily  be wrong because my memory now sucks,but I SEEM to remember Yeltsin as a genuine reformer that did a LOT to open Russia and free the people from their chains.

Unfortunately,the "Soviet System" took over again with a stealth candidate named Putin,who took over as a reformer,but was and is nothing but a dedicated  Communist who has for all practical purposes taken over the electoral system to the point the old Soviets might as well be in power again.

I am HOPING that Putin has now over-reached to the point where he has killed Communism in Russia,and come the next election that a rabid dog could beat him. I think even the dedicated Soviets have had enough by now to want to get rid of him. After all,he spoiled THEIR lives much more than the lives of the typical neo-Soviet citizen,who never had much to start with. Putin and  his actions  have actually threatened their very survival.

I think this is especially true if they have to tuck their tails beneath their bellies and flee back to Russia from Ukraine in defeat. There just ain't going to be any way to "manage" THAT to make the Neo-Soviets look good.
IF (and that's a big if) the powers that be in Russia can keep it quiet (enough), they will at some point declare 'victory', and bring the remnants of their Army home, after extended security duty in the Eastern parts of the country (and Siberia for the loudest) to face down any ambitious Chinese.

No one will be fooled who really, really, doesn't want to be, but damned few will be talking openly about that, and not for long.

In Russia, defeat will not be mentioned aloud, or only nervously whispered about.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2023, 01:17:46 pm »
No, Pete, you are not the only one. That has been a concern of mine for decades, (like Freeper Jeff Head, if you recall him).  People have long said we'd sell people the rope to hang us, and Biden is trying to become salesman of the year.

@Smokin Joe

Yes,I DO remember Jeff Head. Fondly.

As for the "rope to hang us" quote,I had actually forgotten all about that one,and there has been no greater truth ever posted.

As for Slow Joe,he is nothing more than a empty shell,a figure head to  take the blame. I have no actual idea WHO is really in charge but would bet money it is not someone that has EVER been elected to ANY  public office. His title will start with the letters "CEO".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2023, 01:28:29 pm »
IF (and that's a big if) the powers that be in Russia can keep it quiet (enough), they will at some point declare 'victory', and bring the remnants of their Army home, after extended security duty in the Eastern parts of the country (and Siberia for the loudest) to face down any ambitious Chinese.

No one will be fooled who really, really, doesn't want to be, but damned few will be talking openly about that, and not for long.

In Russia, defeat will not be mentioned aloud, or only nervously whispered about.

@Smokin Joe

I know that is "true historically",but Yeltsin really DID "open the gates" during the short time he was in office,and no matter what a government does,there is no way they can put that "back in the box" as long as the generation that was alive during that time period remains alive. I went to Russia and visited for a couple of weeks each  time with "typical Russian citizens",and I only met ONE "freedom dissident the whole time I was there. Everyone else was excited and happy about the changes.

So happy in fact,that Putin had to pretend to be a reformer to get elected,and actually pretend to have stepped down after his term in office expired. We all know now that him "stepping down" was a sham to fool the public in order to give him and the other dedicated Communists time to recover and present themselves as reformers,but freedom and optimism were in "full bloom" everywhere you went.

I HAVE to think that even if it was suppressed,the typical Russian still remembers that time of expanding freedom and hope for the future,and that all the bodies now coming back home for burial only increases the anti-Soviet leadership's popularity.

If there has EVER been a time for a violent revolution to overthrow an oppressive government,the time is now and the place is Russia. After this "cluster Biden" in Ukraine,even some of the Neo-Soviet officers have to be questioning the Soviet authority.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2023, 03:36:00 pm »
MI-8 Minimum of $16 million US each, $40 Million for the SU-34, about 43 million USD for the SU-35 (lowball prices, not including ordnance). The Russians bled over $110 million US in a day.

They also lost a Mi-28N bringing the total to five.  Three of the five were shot down by Russia's own air defense systems.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 05:03:30 pm »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2023, 05:06:02 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2023, 05:10:11 pm »

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1657771861609000961

Does it still look like they're planning an encirclement of the Orcs in Bakhmut?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2023, 06:12:47 pm »
Does it still look like they're planning an encirclement of the Orcs in Bakhmut?

It looks like they are going to do it with the Orcs.