Author Topic: Death of the EV dream, er, nightmare  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Death of the EV dream, er, nightmare
« on: May 13, 2023, 10:37:00 am »
Death of the EV dream, er, nightmare
By Duggan Flanakin |May 13th, 2023|0 Comments

Now that the American Dream has been turned into a nightmare in part by overspending that has led to the highest interest rates in the 21st Century, it is high time to admit that, as Melanie Mcdonagh writes in The Telegraph, the electric vehicle dream, too, “has turned into a nightmare.”

Mcdonagh, who admits she does not drive, points out many problems, among them the horrific impact when a heavy, quiet-running electric vehicle hits an unsuspecting pedestrian or a cyclist. She also notes that some of these “vehicles” are collecting data on route history and road speed that governments (and corporations) can use for remote surveillance (and marketing gimmickry). Another problem is that the much heavier EVs could collapse bridges and force lengthy detours.

Mcdonagh, however, has barely scratched the surface of the mess created by the hipster culture that believes everything sacred must be sacrificed before the god of carbon (dioxide) reduction. It turns out that manufacturing electric vehicles has to date been a bad investment for automakers, despite all the subsidies.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/05/13/death-of-the-ev-dream-er-nightmare/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=death-of-the-ev-dream-er-nightmare&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=death-of-the-ev-dream-er-nightmare
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson