Author Topic: Democrats demand universal free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack for kids in school  (Read 450 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 12, 2023 12:07pm EDT
Democrats demand universal free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack for kids in school
Democrats say the bill would end 'school lunch shaming'

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

Dozens of Democrats in the House and Senate proposed legislation this week that would give all students from pre-school through high school three free meals a day plus a snack regardless of income, a move they said is needed to cope with the "record numbers" of American kids who are struggling with hunger.

The bill makes no mention of how the program would be funded or what it would cost. Many bills include language saying that Congress will appropriate whatever money is needed to fund a new program, or that funding will come from spending offsets or higher taxes.

"It is an international embarrassment that today, in the richest country in the history of the world, we are seeing record numbers of children and youth struggling with hunger on a daily basis," said Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., the sponsor of the Senate legislation.

"Universal school meals is not just commonsense policy; it is also extremely popular," said Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., the lead sponsor of the bill in the House. "Nearly 75% of Americans support permanent universal school meals — including the majority of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. It’s time to listen to the demands of our constituents and at long last make school meals free and universal for all kids."

Democrats say their bill, the Universal School Meals Program Act, would help put an end to the "school lunch shaming" that is seen under the current program, which requires kids to show they are eligible for a free meal.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-demand-free-breakfast-lunch-dinner-snack-for-all-kids-in-school-we-cannot-go-backwards
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Only if Beef Wellington and Prime Rib au Jus are on the dinner menu.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

We have county wide free breakfasts and lunches.  What happened to packing your child's lunch?  Dinner and snacks???  Excessive.  So are kids staying at school now for dinner time???

If the price of food wasn't so darned expensive maybe the parents would have to be reliant on the damn govt.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Buying votes, if parents don't have to buy food for their kids it leaves them more cash for booze, smokes...whatever. What next, will the democrats demand that along with food that the kids get free rooms at schools too? Just training training the kids to be dependent on the state, just a bunch of it takes a village idiots.

Offline libertybele

Buying votes, if parents don't have to buy food for their kids it leaves them more cash for booze, smokes...whatever. What next, will the democrats demand that along with food that the kids get free rooms at schools too? Just training training the kids to be dependent on the state, just a bunch of it takes a village idiots.

I can remember opening up my lunch box and all I got was a margarine and sugar sandwich and an orange or apple.  No meat.  No cheese.  That's what we could afford at times, but I survived and ate what was given.  On good days it was peanut butter and jelly or a Velveeta (yukk) sandwich and miracle whip.  I was excited when I got a baloney sandwich. 

What the heck is wrong with people??   You have a child, you take care of it.  It is NOT the government's responsibility.

Yes, people are struggling because of Brandon's inflation.  But people need to open their eyes and realize what he has done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LadyLiberty

Great. Now the kids can throw away even more food, because we all know how delish that food is.

Offline Kamaji

Great. Now the kids can throw away even more food, because we all know how delish that food is.

Exactly.

Offline mountaineer

That's already pretty much the rule around here. Free meals for all children, even the offspring of doctors, lawyers and other prosperous parents. Such a joke.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
"...children and youth struggling with hunger on a daily basis..."

:bsflag:

If they're "struggling with hunger", then why are over 20% of them OBESE?!?

From the CDC:
The prevalence of obesity was 19.7% and affected about 14.7 million children and adolescents.
Obesity prevalence was 12.7% among 2- to 5-year-olds, 20.7% among 6- to 11-year-olds, and 22.2% among 12- to 19-year-olds. Childhood obesity is also more common among certain populations.
Obesity prevalence was 26.2% among Hispanic children, 24.8% among non-Hispanic Black children, 16.6% among non-Hispanic White children, and 9.0% among non-Hispanic Asian children.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We have county wide free breakfasts and lunches.  What happened to packing your child's lunch?  Dinner and snacks???  Excessive.  So are kids staying at school now for dinner time???

If the price of food wasn't so darned expensive maybe the parents would have to be reliant on the damn govt.
Free meals go to kids likely to be on food stamps, anyway.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Free meals go to kids likely to be on food stamps, anyway.
They go to all kids.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

////00000////

Only if Beef Wellington and Prime Rib au Jus are on the dinner menu.

Along with soft shell crab and Ahi Tuna
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy