Author Topic: Dem Rep. Johnson Accuses GOP of ‘Savoring’ Border Crisis, Wanting ‘Slavery,’ Claims Migrants Needed  (Read 151 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Johnson Accuses GOP of ‘Savoring’ Border Crisis, Wanting ‘Slavery,’ Claims Migrants Needed to Feed, ‘Clean’ for Americans

Joshua Klein 11 May 2023

Republicans “savor” the border crisis and seek to “get back to slavery,” according to Georgia Democrat Rep. Hank Johnson, who claimed that migrants are necessary to help “put food on our table,” serve as custodians, and “clean up” hospitals.

Speaking at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Wednesday, Johnson bemoaned the continued “assault on the concept of immigration” into the United States.

The congressman accused Republicans of a lack of willingness “to do anything resembling comprehensive immigration reform,” which he alleged would “alleviate” the current border situation.

“I think my friends on the other side of the aisle like to see what they object to so vociferously,” he stated. “They like to see folks lined up at the border waiting to get into this country simply so that they can work, and the only route that they have to get in is to present themselves lawfully at the border and request asylum. That’s the only pathway available to them.”

Instead, Johnson pushed for “comprehensive reform that would allow people to apply for lawful entry in the countries where they reside, which they are trying to leave so that they can create some economic opportunity for themselves and their families.”

“They don’t want to change residences or domiciles, they just simply want to go to where the jobs are,” he said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/11/ga-dem-accuses-gop-of-savoring-border-crisis-wanting-slavery-claims-migrants-needed-to-feed-clean-for-americans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

I don't savor the Border Crisis.

It's a sin that Congress continues to do nothing to stop the human suffering and human exploitation caused by the status quo.

The Dems naively think illegal immigrants will overwhelmingly vote Dem.  Unfortunately, Dems don't realize many are likely to be conservative, pro-life Catholics.

Big Business Globalists enjoy having an undocumented workforce they can exploit for bigger profits.  JBS (Brazilian multinational meat producer) contracted with PSSI (owned by Black Rock) to provide cleaning services, but all turned a blind eye to their illegal employment of underage migrants.  Fines for labor violations are just another cost of doing business.

I'd like to see much of the American supply chain currently in China moved to Latin America to provide more employment opportunities in those countries.

Things need to change for the better for everybody.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.