Author Topic: Exhibit on Chicago's Polish immigrant history set to open May 20  (Read 869 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Exhibit on Chicago's Polish immigrant history set to open May 20
chicago
BY LAUREN VICTORY

MAY 12, 2023 / 7:00 AM / CBS CHICAGO

CHICAGO (CBS) – You've probably heard people say that Chicago is the second-biggest city for the Polish community outside Warsaw, Poland.

Pulaski Day is a city holiday after all. CBS 2's Lauren Victory took us behind the scenes of a new opportunity to learn some Chicago immigration history.

The Back Home: Polish Chicago Exhibit is coming so soon, only a few tricky tasks remain, like getting the lights just right.

Measurements are needed to preserve historical artifacts like a wedding dress from 1947. It's made from U.S. Army surplus parachutes. The Polish bride and groom met at a Nazi labor camp.

Curator Peter Alter told CBS 2 that planning for this Chicago History Museum exhibit began in 2015.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/chicago-polish-history/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Exhibit on Chicago's Polish immigrant history set to open May 20
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 01:14:24 pm »
I can't believe this kind of trash is being allowed in Chicago!!  This is about white people only and should not exist in a diversity conscious city like Chicago!! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson