Author Topic: SI KINSELLA vs. SOUTH FORK WIND, BOEM, et al.  (Read 162 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SI KINSELLA vs. SOUTH FORK WIND, BOEM, et al.
« on: May 12, 2023, 12:12:46 pm »
SI KINSELLA vs. SOUTH FORK WIND, BOEM, et al.
By Sherri Lange -- May 10, 2023

Ed. Note: Si Kinsella is a resident of Suffolk County New York, a seaside community that is a staging area for South Fork Wind, a 132 MW, 15-turbine project located 35 miles offshore. He is representing himself on behalf of his neighbors. While not asking for damages, Kinsella is suing to ensure that the ecological protocols are met and that the project’s economics are fairly represented. Kinsella is asking Injunctive Relief: Disclose, Dismantle, Remove, and Restore.

“Mr. Kinsella repeats that the case is not about the construction methods of South West Wind, but rather is about the failure of BOEM (Bureau of Ocean Energy Management), to uphold legal principles of environmental review and oversight, water quality assurance, due process, and compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Relying on fraudulent materials, the permit was granted full sway.”

Citing fraudulent representations and permits to South Fork Wind by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), plaintiff Si Kinsella states:

https://www.masterresource.org/wind-siting-issues/an-update-on-si-kinsellas-legal-challenge-to-south-fork-wind-boem-bureau-of-ocean-energy-management-et-al/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson