Author Topic: Inflation fell to 2.3% in April, producer price index shows in encouraging sign  (Read 402 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation fell to 2.3% in April, producer price index shows in encouraging sign
Zachary Halaschak

Inflation fell four-tenths of a percentage point to a 2.3% annual rate in April, as measured by the producer price index.

On a month-to-month basis, the wholesale price index increased by 0.2%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Thursday morning.

The report is encouraging news. It shows inflation not far from the Federal Reserve's 2% target and well below the rate registered in other inflation gauges.

The decrease is an indication that inflationary pressures are abating in the face of the Fed's campaign to slow economywide spending by hiking interest rates.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/inflation-april-producer-price-index
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
 :silly:

I will start believing these if and when Powell and Yellen strap on some polygraph equipment during a press conferenece.

2.3%?. They can't even plausibly lie anymore.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Who to believe?

nflation ticks up again in April, puts interest rate hikes back on the table
Consumers see used car prices rise in April for the first time in months
Facebook

By Nora Colomer Sponsored by Credible - which is majority owned by Fox Corporation. Credible is solely responsible for the services it provides.

Used car prices surged in April for the first time in months, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). (iStock)

The debate over if the Federal Reserve is finally done with its interest rate increases continues after April’s inflation showed an uptick over the previous month.

The Consumer Price Index (CPI), a measure of inflation, rose 4.9% year-over-year in April, a slowdown from the 5% increase in March, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). On a monthly basis, inflation rose 0.4% in April after increasing by 0.1% the month before

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/inflation-rises-april-2023
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Yeah, right...so that's why our grocery bill is still over $200 a week to feed a family of 4?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who to believe?

The Gooberment or my lyin eyes???   wink777
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, right...so that's why our grocery bill is still over $200 a week to feed a family of 4?
Every freakin' item in the grocery store is at least 25% higher than it was 2 years ago.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Every freakin' item in the grocery store is at least 25% higher than it was 2 years ago.

The really stupid thing is that Biden and Yellen spout these crooked numbers and fully expect the public to accept them as truth, when everybody who shops for basic necessities knows that they're lying.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LMAO

As long as people don’t see an improvement in their cost of living, they can spout all these numbers all they want. Nobody will buy it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy