Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy Will Not Support George Santos Reelection After Indictment  (Read 257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy Will Not Support George Santos Reelection After Indictment

Paul Bois 10 May 2023

Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (CA) said he will not support Rep. George Santos (R-NY) in his bid for reelection following the latter’s 13-count indictment for alleged financial crimes.

“No, I’m not going to support him,” McCarthy told CNN on Wednesday.

McCarthy added that Santos “has a lot going on” and has “other things to focus on in his life than running for stuff.”

The House Speaker previously said that he will not call on Santos to resign until he has been convicted of the charges.

“If a person is indicted, they’re not on committees,” McCarthy said on Tuesday. “They have a right to vote, but they have to go to trial.”

“He was already removed from all his committees,” said House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-LA). “In America, there is a presumption of innocence, but they’re serious charges. He’s going to have to go through the legal process.”

As Breitbart News reported, authorities arrested George Santos on “Wednesday for money laundering, wire fraud, theft of public funds, and making false statements to Congress and is expected to appear in federal court for an arraignment Wednesday afternoon in New York.”

Santos, a freshman member of Congress representing a portion of Long Island, is facing 13 charges total, according to an unsealed indictment announced by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York.

They include three counts of money laundering, seven counts of wire fraud, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the U.S. House.

Since joining Congress, Santos has come under mounting scrutiny for fabricating substantial portions of his resume, which he misleadingly touted while running for office.

Santos pleaded “Not Guilty” on all charges and called them a “witch hunt.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/10/kevin-mccarthy-will-not-support-george-santos-reelection-after-indictment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ronna, McCarthy, Trump, Turdle and the rest of the idiotic GOP leadership ought to invest at least a tad in the vetting process before getting them to the General Election Ballots.

Crap statements like this just scream how stupid and clueless they are.   We are still stinging from Oz and Walker debacles too.  They can do better.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Ronna, McCarthy, Trump, Turdle and the rest of the idiotic GOP leadership ought to invest at least a tad in the vetting process before getting them to the General Election Ballots.

Crap statements like this just scream how stupid and clueless they are.   We are still stinging from Oz and Walker debacles too.  They can do better.

Pretty much spot on.  I still cannot believe how little vetting was done with this guy.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'll do my own vetting if you don't mind.  Keep the clowns that pass for GOP leadership the hell out of it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll do my own vetting if you don't mind.  Keep the clowns that pass for GOP leadership the hell out of it!

So you decide who is on the primary ballots?  Damn....  you are hell of lot more powerful than I thought.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So you decide who is on the primary ballots?  Damn....  you are hell of lot more powerful than I thought.   :silly:

I do not decide who is on primary ballots but I am damned sure to decide which candidate on that ballot will get MY vote!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I do not decide who is on primary ballots but I am damned sure to decide which candidate on that ballot will get MY vote!

Agree there, but back to orignial premise.  It is up to party leadership to keep  people like Santos off the primary slate, or at least have the goods on them and inform the voting populus of their deeds/. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agree there, but back to orignial premise.  It is up to party leadership to keep  people like Santos off the primary slate, or at least have the goods on them and inform the voting populus of their deeds/.

NO! It is not up to them to do that! In fact, that is WHY we have primaries in the first place. So WE can separate the wheat from the chaff.

- J. R. R. Tolkien