Author Topic: ICE arrests 14 known or suspected human rights violators during national operation  (Read 109 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 9, 2023WASHINGTON, DCENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
ICE arrests 14 known or suspected human rights violators during national operation

WASHINGTON - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) took targeted enforcement action against removable noncitizens, including those with a final order of removal, who present a danger to communities and have known or suspected roles in human rights violations during a nationwide operation, April 24-28. ICE’s Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) National Fugitive Operations Program, in coordination with ICE’s Office of the Principal Legal Advisor (OPLA) and National Criminal Analysis and Targeting Center, worked to identify, locate, and apprehend 14 individuals.

“ICE is committed to preventing the United States from becoming a refuge for those who attempt to evade prosecution and punishment for human rights violations committed against others,” said the ICE Deputy Director and Senior Official Performing the Duties of Director Tae D. Johnson. “These targeted arrests highlight the invaluable work and diligent efforts of our workforce to hold human rights violators accountable for their actions. I commend the collaborative work between members of ERO, OPLA, and the Human Rights Violators and War Crimes Center that resulted in these apprehensions.”

All foreign nationals arrested during this operation are subject to repatriation to their home countries. Those arrested included 10 known or suspected human rights violators from Central and South America, including individuals implicated in the torture and killing of civilians during military service and the enforced disappearances of individuals. Additionally, the operation resulted in the apprehension of four known or suspected human rights violators from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East connected to a range of atrocities, including the execution of political prisoners, murder, rape and mutilation, and massacres.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-arrests-14-known-or-suspected-human-rights-violators-during-national-operation
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson