Author Topic: If it can happen in Texas, it can happen anywhere  (Read 179 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If it can happen in Texas, it can happen anywhere
« on: May 11, 2023, 11:39:03 am »
If it can happen in Texas, it can happen anywhere

Roy Beck and Gregory Davis
PUBLISHED:  Mon, MAY 1st 2023 @ 1:38 pm EDT  by  Jeremy Beck

Last week, NumbersUSA sent a team to the Texas State Fair grounds in Dallas, TX, site of the largest Earth Day exposition in the world, EarthX. We presented our new study on Texas sprawl, and shared our exhibit with over a fifteen hundred people, most of whom were not surprised to learn that Texas has lost more open space than any other state in recent decades, mostly due to its rapid population growth which is increasingly driven by people moving into Texas from other states and other countries.

Our "provocative" presentation

On behalf of his co-authors Leon Kolankiewicz and Eric Ruark, NumbersUSA's Founder and current Board Member Roy Beck presented "The Illusion of Limitless Texas Habitat," at the Green Speaker Stage. The full 40-minute presentation was professionally recorded for EarthX TV, but we've condensed cell phone footage down to a five-minute version here:

Condensed presentation
"The whole world could move here," Roy says, "but is there ecological room?" Texas, despite its size, is already running an ecological deficit, "borrowing deeply from the future as well as from other states and countries."

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/if-it-can-happen-texas-it-can-happen-anywhere
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: If it can happen in Texas, it can happen anywhere
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 09:40:58 pm »
A Fishrrman "how much ya wanna bet" prediction:

Within 15-20 years, Texas will become a solid blue state.

UNLESS Texans are willing to break away from the DCommunist government and join the new Heartland Republic...