Author Topic: City opens vacant middle school to house migrants as Title 42 expires  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
City opens vacant middle school to house migrants as Title 42 expires
by: Gabriela Rodríguez

Posted: May 10, 2023 / 04:09 PM CDT

Updated: May 10, 2023 / 06:41 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) –  In an effort to decompress the migrant “crisis” the City of El Paso is going through, unoccupied schools and churches will temporarily house the migrant population as more migrants are expected to come across the border as Title 42 ends on May 11, 2023.

“It is important we continue to decompress the system. We are preparing for the unknown; that is how many people are going to come” and what their situation is, El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser said in a Zoom call with reporters on Thursday, May 4, 2023.
 …
In today’s press conference Mayor Oscar Leeser said, “I went along the highway and the numbers are way down I did get numbers that I think will be somewhere between 5 to 8 to maybe 10,000 that are prepared to come, and this is what we have been preparing for.”

https://www.borderreport.com/news/city-designates-local-middle-school-to-house-migrants-as-title-42-expires/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson