Author Topic: Migrants Arrive in Sanctuary City Chicago with Colds, Pink Eye, COVID-19: ‘It’s Unsustainable’  (Read 198 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Migrants Arrive in Sanctuary City Chicago with Colds, Pink Eye, COVID-19: ‘It’s Unsustainable’

John Binder 10 May 2023

Border crossers and illegal aliens arriving in the sanctuary city of Chicago, Illinois, are showing up with colds, pink eye, and carrying the Chinese coronavirus as Mayor Lori Lightfoot has declared a state of emergency.

Since August 2022, more than 8,000 border crossers and illegal aliens have arrived in Chicago — mostly bused from the United States-Mexico border.

According to the New York Times, those new arrivals to Chicago are showing up with illnesses and  leaving residents with a $125 million bill by the end of next month while state taxpayers will have to fork up $30 million.

The Times reports:

Some of the migrants, including pregnant women and small children, are ill with colds, pink eye or Covid-19, leaving volunteers and city workers scrambling to find them health services.

…

“It’s unsustainable,” said Maria Hadden, a City Council member who represents Rogers Park on the Far North Side.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/10/migrants-arrive-in-sanctuary-city-chicago-with-colds-pink-eye-covid-19-its-unsustainable/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I'm surprised it has been that limited, at least so far. :smokin:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson