Author Topic: White House claims Republicans ‘literally refuse to act’ on immigration as GOP preps vote on major b  (Read 428 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House claims Republicans ‘literally refuse to act’ on immigration as GOP preps vote on major border bill

May 10, 2023

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Wednesday blamed Republicans for the “chaotic” situation at the U.S.-Mexico border, claiming that GOP lawmakers “literally refuse to act” even as the House will vote tomorrow on sweeping border security legislation.

“The president has been dealing with a system that has been broken for decades,” Jean-Pierre told reporters. “Since day one he put forth a comprehensive immigration plan, legislation, and he is using the tools that are in front of him to deal with the challenge at the border.”

“Republicans in Congress, in particular, refuse, they literally refuse to act,” she asserted. “They refuse to come to the middle and meet us in the middle and come up with a real solution.”

Immigration enforcement agencies will lose their ability to expedite illegal immigrant deportations when the Title 42 public health order lifts Thursday. Officials have been preparing for months for an expected surge in migration across the border once the order ends. The order has been used since March 2020 by both the Trump and Biden administration to expel hundreds of thousands of migrants quickly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In March, nearly half of all migrant encounters ended in a Title 42 expulsion.

more
https://whitehousewire.com/white-house-claims-republicans-literally-refuse-to-act-on-immigration-as-gop-preps-vote-on-major-border-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Biden’s approval rating on the border is well into the toilet

Good luck selling this latest BS to the public
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

It's not like every GOP Congressman is standing up and continuing to declare we have a CRISIS and passing legislation to get something done.  Yes, Brandon would likely veto, but then the blame is on him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

It's not like every GOP Congressman is standing up and continuing to declare we have a CRISIS and passing legislation to get something done.  Yes, Brandon would likely veto, but then the blame is on him.

I listened to him today and my head very nearly  9999hair out0000.

Online libertybele

I listened to him today and my head very nearly  9999hair out0000.

@berdie I don't listen to him.  It's detrimental to my health; it only raises my blood pressure and the lying is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

@berdie I don't listen to him.  It's detrimental to my health; it only raises my blood pressure and the lying is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

It raises my blood pressure as well...and puts me in a bad mood. Lucky me!! I can turn him off. :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

He wouldn't have to veto.  There aren't enough votes in the Senate to even get anything out of committee.

I'm sure the House will end up.passing something but it will be DOA.

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, KJP is so stupid that I don't think she knows that almost everything she says is a lie. She almost makes Kammie look adequate.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online libertybele

IMO, KJP is so stupid that I don't think she knows that almost everything she says is a lie. She almost makes Kammie look adequate.

Both are just clueless.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Send a couple hundred thousand illegals to DC.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley