Author Topic: WA Gov Signs Bill Allowing State to Hide Runaway Teens Seeking Gender Transition or Abortion From Pa  (Read 513 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WA Gov Signs Bill Allowing State to Hide Runaway Teens Seeking Gender Transition or Abortion From Parents
Steve Straub   By Steve Straub
Published May 10, 2023 at 8:47am

Governor Jay Inslee (D-WA) recently signed the contentious Senate Bill 5599, introduced by State Sen. Marko Liias (D-Everett), which permits the state, under certain conditions, to legally remove children from their parents if the parents don’t consent to their child’s gender transition surgeries or abortions.

This law undermines parental rights and according to opponents effectively enables the “state-sanctioned kidnapping of children.”

Under the current Washington state law, youth shelters must notify parents or guardians within 24 to 72 hours when a child seeks refuge.

However, they are not required to inform parents or legal guardians if there are “compelling reasons” to believe that doing so would expose the child to abuse or neglect.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/wa-gov-signs-bill-allowing-state-hide-runaway-teens-seeking-gender-transition-abortion-parents
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Can a kid be taken by the state if the parent wants the child to transition but the child objects?  If not, why not? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Interstate transporation of minors without parental or guardian consent is a Federal matter.

////00000////

Who could forget this classic ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Proof positive of the march to Soviet style society, where the government has the say, and parents have little to no say in their children's lives.

No one should have the ability to speak to a child about gender disphoria other than a parent and a credentialed medical doctor/psychologist.  For anyone else it should be a felony for the worst kind of child abuse.

We are allowing the insane to govern our nation.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Hand over your children, the government is here to lead them by their noses or whatever else they can pierce.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

This world is getting sicker by the minute.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.