Author Topic: Chicago police precincts turned into unofficial migrant shelters, report says  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago police precincts turned into unofficial migrant shelters, report says
by ALEC SCHEMMEL | The National DeskThu, May 4th 2023, 4:36 PM EDT

CHICAGO (TND) — Undocumented migrants in Chicago have begun spilling into the hallways of police precincts and are sleeping there, a new report says.

Police sources in the city told Fox News it was due to Chicago's "ridiculous sanctuary city policy."

"They clearly do not have a plan to deal with it and they're placing the cops once again in undue risk," an unnamed Chicago Police source said, according to Fox News.

A city spokesperson reportedly said these migrants, who are sometimes being dropped off in front of police stations, can be offered shelter, where they can also get medical and mental health treatment, if they were to dial 311.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world/chicago-police-precincts-turned-into-unofficial-migrant-shelters-report-says-ridiculous-sanctuary-city-policy-alejandro-mayorkas#
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson