Author Topic: Inflation jumped 0.4% in April as prices remain stubbornly high  (Read 276 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 10, 2023 8:33am EDT
Inflation jumped 0.4% in April as prices remain stubbornly high
Economists expected inflation to rise by 0.4% in April

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

Inflation rose again in April despite an aggressive interest-rate hike campaign by the Federal Reserve, indicating that strong underlying price pressures are still bubbling beneath the surface of the economy – and continuing to burden millions of Americans.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of the price for everyday goods including gasoline, groceries and rents, rose 0.4% in April from the previous month, much faster than the 0.1% increase recorded in March. Prices climbed 4.9% on an annual basis.

Those figures were mostly in line with forecasts by Refinitiv economists.

Inflation remains about more than double the pre-pandemic average, underscoring the persistent financial burden placed on U.S. households and small businesses by high prices.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/cpi-inflation-april-2023
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Inflation jumped 0.4% in April as prices remain stubbornly high
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 01:20:36 pm »
Please PM me if anyone thinks this number is real. 

You really need a primer on understanding governmental lying and scams.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 01:26:26 pm »

And the current president is going to go out and run on his “accomplishments”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 01:29:20 pm »

And the current president is going to go out and run on his “accomplishments”

I believe the 5% inflation number about as much as  Biden/KJP's claim of a 90% reduction in illegal immigration.

This administration is not capable of telling the truth, ever.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 01:34:29 pm »
I believe the 5% inflation number about as much as  Biden/KJP's claim of a 90% reduction in illegal immigration.

This administration is not capable of telling the truth, ever.......

I don’t think anybody believes anything coming out of this administration anymore outside the hens  on “The View.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy