Author Topic: Net Zero Grid Batteries Alone Would Bankrupt America  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Net Zero Grid Batteries Alone Would Bankrupt America
« on: May 10, 2023, 11:40:27 am »
WRITTEN BY CRAIG RUCKER ON MAY 9, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Net Zero Grid Batteries Alone Would Bankrupt America

tesla battery australiaSenate Budget Committee Chairman Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) cites “the climate crisis” at almost every opportunity.

President Biden calls it a greater threat than nuclear war.

They and their allies champion “carbon-free” electricity generation by 2035 and nearly fossil-fuel-free energy by 2050. [emphasis, links added]

Achieving “net zero” carbon dioxide emissions will be painless, they assure us. Costs will be so low you’ll need a magnifying glass to see them.

Governments merely have to enact mandates, provide subsidies, and the transformation to “clean” energy will just happen. Almost like in a fairy tale.

Here in the real world, however, we would need literally millions of weather-dependent wind turbines, billions of equally unreliable solar panels, millions of half-ton battery modules for vehicles, billions more modules to back up intermittent electricity generation, millions of transformers, and tens of thousands of miles of new transmission lines.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/net-zero-grid-batteries-alone-would-bankrupt-america/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson