Author Topic: Americans Increasingly Choose a Warmer Life  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans Increasingly Choose a Warmer Life
« on: May 10, 2023, 11:26:46 am »
Americans Increasingly Choose a Warmer Life
May 9th, 2023 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

We hear that a new El Nino forming in the Pacific Ocean is likely to push global-average temperatures to new record highs in 2023.

Setting aside the fact that we have no idea if current temperatures are warmer than during the Medieval Warm Period of ~1,000 years ago, I have to ask…

So what?

Doing something about global warming depends a lot on how much we are asked to pay to fix it. If it was cheap and practical, we would have already transitioned to renewable energy sources.

It also depends upon just how much global warming we have experienced, and whether it is enough to be concerned with. For the global oceans, the climate models enlisted to scare us in a steady stream of alarmist news reports over-predict ocean warming by a factor of 2. In America’s heartland during the summer, the discrepancy is a factor of 6(!). So, clearly, public concern is being inflated by factually incorrect information.

https://www.drroyspencer.com/2023/05/americans-increasingly-choose-a-warmer-life/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Americans Increasingly Choose a Warmer Life
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 10:13:33 pm »
I'm ok until it hits 70 degrees.
Then I start to get uncomfortable...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Americans Increasingly Choose a Warmer Life
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 08:10:46 am »
As for all this global warming stuff, it dawns on me that the normal temperature of a human being is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.  The more people there are, the more heat they put out. THe global population is up, more in some places than others, and the left keeps running more across our border.

SUVs don't have jack to do with it.

The rise in CO2 is a trailing indicator, and the more the Left riots and screams, the more CO2 they generate.

Flying in private jets to a "Climate Conference" does not help their 'cause', nor is it given credibility by its standard bearers buying oceanfront property, not to mention the whole "the world is going to end in just 10 years" shtick, now in its fifth or sixth iteration.

Enough already.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis