Author Topic: New Era Of Deception Tactics Key To Air Force Surviving Pacific Fight  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Era Of Deception Tactics Key To Air Force Surviving Pacific Fight

A new inflatable hangar is one example of the Air Force’s shift to deception in order not just to win, but to survive in the Pacific.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
UPDATED MAY 8, 2023 7:12 PM EDT

Capabilities to deceive opponents and otherwise help to conceal the movements and activities of friendly forces could be as important as physical defenses in any future high-end fight involving the United States, such as one against China in the Pacific. There has been a particular resurgence of interest within the U.S. Air Force in these kinds of capabilities as part of new expeditionary and distributed concepts of operations, which the service has been developing to reduce the vulnerability of its units in a major conflict.

The Air Force's new emphasis on deception and related capabilities was underscored by the appearance of what was described as a "prototype portable camouflage, concealment, and deception hangar" at a recent Air National Guard exercise. Nicknamed Hoodoo Sea and staged out of Homestead Air Reserve Base in Florida, the training event was centered on exploring new and improved capabilities, as well as associated tactics, techniques, and procedures, for conducting various types of operations from austere environments.

"Airmen with experience working one subset of tasks will be asked to see how they can integrate on different tasks in austere environments,” Lt. Col. Lawrence Dietrich, head of the Virginia Air National Guard's 149th Fighter Squadron and commander of the exercise, said in a statement. "We’re looking forward to improving our skills and the lessons our Airmen will bring back to their units, ultimately making our Air Force a more lethal and agile force."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/inflatable-hangar-points-to-air-forces-new-focus-on-deception
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson